1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

People in San Luis Obispo

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by deadbolt, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Jul 13, 2010 at 4:50 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    I am curious as to if San Luis Obispo has a lot to offer? Is there a lot to do out there? Would you consider it the middle of nowhere?? Is Cal Poly SLO a nice school? Any info would definitely help. Thanks.

2. Jul 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    bump for slo!

3. Jul 13, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    vicstacoma

vicstacoma Guest

yeah slo is a nice place.. i'm about 20 minutes from there.
    it's a college town so on the weekends it gets pretty packed
    downtown with all the hot ladies from cal poly!! You got the
    beach nearby, oceano dunes if you want to go offroading. And
    cal poly is a great university, my brother just graduated from there a few
    weeks ago.

4. Jul 13, 2010 at 6:58 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    thanks for the quick response. this is exactly what i wanted to hear. hopefully I get accepted and finish up my degree over there. I really want to get away and am hoping slo is just right for me. My other friend said there was nothing to do out there and that it was in the middle of nowhere so I wanted to double check on that. I have never been around there.

5. Jul 14, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    anymore people from SLO?

6. Jul 14, 2010 at 10:39 AM
    MBestrgr

MBestrgr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Crew Cab Tacoma SR5
    Working on it
    I have never lived there but I am from Santa Barbara and my two bros live there so I am always up there. It is a nice area man. College town with lots of beautiful girls, it never gets really crazy but there is definitely a downtown scene. The beach is only around 15-20m away if that. I actually almost just moved up there, but the only issue I have is that it is hard to find a job there. There are not many places to work unless you want to work in general retail like a supermarket or something. Other than that good town and good schools (Cal-Poly, Cuesta CC). Let me know if you want to know anything specific about it.

p.s. Not to mention there are so many freaking tacomas in that town you won't know what to do with yourself. Everyone romps out at the dunes and you'll see some sick moded tacomas

7. Jul 14, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    Do you like SB or SLO better?

8. Jul 14, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    MBestrgr

MBestrgr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Crew Cab Tacoma SR5
    Working on it
    Hmm. I would probably say Santa Barbara, but that might be a little bias because I was born and raised there. Santa Barbara I feel has a little better downtown scene and the ocean is right there, but retrospectively speaking they are both very similar to each other. I would say Santa Barara, but SLO a close second.

Products Discussed in

To Top