1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Performance chip????

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by J Tex, May 14, 2010.

1. J Tex

J Tex [OP] Member

Member:
    Houston
    Cabela's bug/hood guard Westen step bars Grom auido ipod adaptor Cabela's truck floor mats
    Hi I am very new at trying to improve my trucks performance and I dont know very much.

I was wondering what does a performance chip exactly do? Why do people get them?

Also I have heard many horror stories about how people install the performance chip and it really screws up their engine and it just did not run the same after they installed it, getting the chip made their engine worse.

So do these Performance chips really work and is it worth the money? If it is what are some good brands that you would recommend?

2. chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, lots of buttons, and yellow flashing lights on the dash.
    There is no "Performance chip" for the Tacomas. Look to URD, or APR-X1. Depending on the year of your truck.

3. KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex ヽ(`Д´)ノ
    Lubbock ╮(╯▽╰)╭
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad Poser (´ï½¥_ï½¥`)
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    If you want a performance chip, gets dodge or ford diesel. Our trucks are one of a kind, aprx-1 if you have the dough for that bad boy

4. LUSETACO

LUSETACO Central Scrutinizer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Aim-ish country PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD 6spd
    FM 10 series, K&N 63 series intake, 5100's at 2.5, TSB springs, Connex 3300HP,Fat Boy 2 pill, Wilson 1000, Dual ammo cans, Cue ball shifter, color matched bumper, Homeroshi grill, car seat mod, Hella triple tone air horns, AVS vent visors, Debadged, Deflapped, Custom painted eyelids and third brake light, Custom radio antenna , Rugged Cover, Husky mats, yellow fogs, Warn shackle, 265/75 16 Trail Diggers, American Racing wheels, Rugged T bedside decals, Ultra Gauge, too much homemade stuff to list.
    Supercharger! Ftmfw!

To Top