1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Performance Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by dbx79, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Aug 21, 2010 at 10:17 PM
    dbx79

dbx79 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma V4
    I just got a 2007 Tacoma with regular cab and I wanted to know how I can upgrade the performance since i only have a V4. I changed the tires and rims with 17'' Pirelli's and 17'' Liquid Metal with silver finish. This truck has 236 hp and I'd like to make it a bit more beastly any suggestions? With style and size of my rims and tires is increasing power just wasting money on those tires?

2. Aug 21, 2010 at 10:21 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    Welcome to TW.

Your truck is an I4, and it makes around 160hp.

Performance mods range from intake modifications to superchargers.

3. Aug 22, 2010 at 6:57 AM
    dbx79

dbx79 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma V4
    Is there any examples you can show me about the intake mods and the superchargers? i'd like to check out pricing online and see how much that would cost me.

4. Aug 22, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    If you do a search, you'll find deck plate mods (cheap/free mods section) and there are plenty more about which intake is the best. There's exhuast as well. To see any real gain with those two mods, you would have to mess with your ECU. Superchargers are expensive but the members on here that have em love em and see some gains in mpgs too.

Check here:
    http://www.urdusa.com

5. Aug 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    larryde09

larryde09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport, White Double Cab "Yeti"
    Current: DR750S-2CH Dash Cam, USB Fast Charger in stock blank, Hondo Garage phone mount Previous: 2006 Black 2.7L 5-spd SR5 4x4 Access Cab - K&N Cold Air Intake, Modified Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Altezza Tail Lights, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, PIAA foglights with stock switch, DrawTite Hitch, OBX Shift Knob, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, DIY step bars, DIY Bed Lights, DIY Ground Lights, DIY Tailgate Electrical Box, Aftermarket switches in stock dash blanks, Sony Head Unit, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod
    Do you have a V6 or I-4 (it's not a V4, it's an "in-line 4"...a.k.a. 4-cyl, 4-banger)? I have a I-4, you can check out my build for intake and exhaust pics that slightly improved my performance and mpg. There are varying opinions regarding intakes, exhausts, etc. and the actual benefits, but I can tell you from my own experiences that they improved my throttle response and improved my mileage by ~3 mpg.

Products Discussed in

To Top