1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pet Screens

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by NUMMI TACOMA, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Aug 14, 2017 at 10:50 AM
    NUMMI TACOMA

NUMMI TACOMA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 2.7L 5 Speed 4X4
    Hi all,

I bought a leer shell secondhand and I was interested in getting pet screens for the side sliding windows. I believe my shell has the correct sliding windows for the pet screens, but I don't see anywhere I can buy them or any installation instructions. All of my research shows it as a factory-installed option. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks!

2. Aug 14, 2017 at 10:53 AM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    I replaced my screens, they were not pet screens but I am sure it is much the same. I removed the trim ring around the window after unbolting all the little bolts and then replacing the screen works the same way as any window screen replacement. Home depot even has youtube videos of how to do it.

3. Aug 14, 2017 at 12:03 PM
    RichVT

RichVT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Northern Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4X4 AC Grey
    You can replace your regular insect screen with a heavy duty screen which is commonly sold as "pet screen".

The pet screens that come with the caps are more like a vinyl coated hardware cloth. I would imagine a Leer dealer should be able to get them for you.

4. Aug 14, 2017 at 12:10 PM
    Clearwater Bill

Clearwater Bill Never answer an anonymous letter

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Largo Florida
    Vehicle:
    '13 5 lug AC w/convenience package
    A few OE parts from fancy trucks
    Call Leer for guidance? Or visit a quality Leer dealer?

You don't have to tell anyone you bought it used, not that that should matter. Just tell them you're looking to upgrade.

Replacements have to be available for those who have them, so retro fitting materials should be available.

Products Discussed in

To Top