1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Philly tasered 17year old

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by dman597, May 4, 2010.

?

To Taser or not too taser.

Poll closed Aug 2, 2010.
  1. He should have gotten tasered

259 vote(s)
    83.0%
  2. He should not have gotten tasered

53 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. May 4, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
  2. May 4, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    James3492

James3492 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    EAST COUNTY
    Black-out Tail lights Painted Rims & Hood Scoop
    You know if you let them run around for a good 5 mins they will get tired. and stop running... because who the fuck wasnts to run around... jesus.. thats dumb

3. May 4, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    wnealw

wnealw Active Member

Member:
    Fredericksburg,Va.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma 2wd
    scanguage,thrush turbo muffler wellded in.
    I guess I did misspoke on the round cop. Attention should be givin to many law enforcement agencies that allow for a lack of fitness that may lead to poor judgement in use of force.

4. May 4, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    bet they wouldn't have tazered her:
    [​IMG]

what's the difference?

it's about having fun <---Life we are giving it up for the guise of security. sure, i say let the rentacops give the dude a little beatdown...but tazers get used too much already these days. i say a good takedown followed by a bump on the head getting in the Cruiser would be sufficient. if i were to go to a game and someone ran the field, it would be the coolest thing that i saw all night.

5. May 4, 2010 at 11:05 AM
    Rich Beauregard

Rich Beauregard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    New London, CT
    Vehicle:
    17 Taco 4x4 SR5 Access Cab White
    I voted NO the guy should not have been tasered. I said NO because from the short video clip, he did not show any intent of harming anyone, just being a stupid kid! The police have a justified use of force program and I did not see it followed here. Now, if their is more to it all than what we see in the video, then maybe it was justified. If the kid stole somethimg or hit someone first, then ran out there, sure taser away!

6. May 4, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    He was not following orders to stop...he broke the law...he is NOT a vicitm.

7. May 4, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    bingo

8. May 4, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    mortuusangelus

mortuusangelus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Slate Hill, NY
    Vehicle:
    no truck now :(
    Lets see, he jumps the fence, runs across the field and evades security. Could be drunk, high, have a weapon/bomb, delusional, or just intent on annoying the shit out of the Phillies or whatever team they're playing. Any which way, taser his ass to the ground, and do it again 3 or 4 more times to get the point across.

I would've said excessive if they shot him with an actual gun... :D

9. May 4, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    311offroad

311offroad Stock Taco For Now

Member:
    Milledgeville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OffRoad SR5 4x4 Short Bed Debadged
    20% tint, Debadged, Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT, Infinity component door speakers, MagLite mod
    that is an AWESOME picture!!! hahahahahahaha

this should be the kids facebook profile pic

10. May 4, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    mortuusangelus

mortuusangelus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Slate Hill, NY
    Vehicle:
    no truck now :(
    The difference is she's not wearing enough clothes to conceal weapons of mass destruction. :D (DESTRUCTION... not.....):eek:

11. May 4, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    hell yes he should have been tasered. its not like he accidentally ran on to the field and was confused. its not like hte cop tased him in his own house or a political venue (which i still think was wrong). he ran out on hte field which he knew was wrong, but did it anyway. he saw the cop chasing him and chose to run instead of stop. so he got a jolt. anyone who says he shouldn't have been tased is a prime example of the type of individual that is ruining this country. you do something stupid, you pay for it. simple as that. the mentality of being able to do something wrong and not get in trouble is a dangerous mode of thinking. "i know i wasn't suppose to run from the cop and interupt a ball game but i dont deserve the taser do i?" sounds similar to "i know i was taking part in shady business practices and destroying clients and employees 401k's but i dont really deserve to go to jail do i"? kids that grow up with no consequences live their lives with no consequences

12. May 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    These

Why does something violent have to happen first before they take care of the unruly person? I'd rather they take care of the unruly person BEFORE they do something destructive...

13. May 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    People are warned ahead of time not to go onto the field. By going onto the field, you are in violation of law. When you are in violation of the law, you will get tasered!

I guess he's the most popular kid in school now??

14. May 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Looked like a foreign terrorist to me. Should have tased him, then asked him for his green card....
    Actually, it slowed him down. Everybody knows those young guys can run faster than us old farts. Is that considered stereotyping???

15. May 4, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    btkicker

btkicker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 Reg Cab Manual
    There was no way those fat security guards could have caught him. The taser job was perfect.

16. May 4, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    btkicker

btkicker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 Reg Cab Manual
  17. May 4, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    311offroad

311offroad Stock Taco For Now

Member:
    Milledgeville, GA
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OffRoad SR5 4x4 Short Bed Debadged
    20% tint, Debadged, Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT, Infinity component door speakers, MagLite mod
    that was a DAMN good shot while running

18. May 4, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    Andy2010

Andy2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Bucks County, Pa
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport Mag Grey 4x4
    EGR inline vent visors, Trimmed front mud flaps, Hose clamp mod, AFE Pro-Dry S air filter, Bed mat off my '97, 5100's up front @1.75, Rear TSB, Tow package, Black TRD center caps, Weathertech Digitals, Wet Okole's in front
    I'm sure the cop told him to stop, which was ignored. So, basically the kid was evading arrest at that point and the cop had every right to taze his ass!

19. May 4, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    VVTiBob

VVTiBob Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    In my opinion this is all about the lack of respect and entitlement. This idiot calls his Dad who tell him it not a good idea to go out on the field. He doesn't accept his fathers counsel, basically saying it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Opportunity? You've got to be kidding. This shows his thoughts; a lack of respect to his father's advice and he's entitled to his "opportunity". It's all about him and his need to have attention focused on himself.

He has no respect for the game. His antics halted the game. He has no respect for the rule of law. And no respect for the law enforcement officer who ordered him to stop.

The officer is, by no fault of his own, put into a no win situation, because this moron decided this was his opportunity for his moment of "fame". No one, absolutely NO ONE except this jackass knew what his intention were. The officer ABSOLUTELY correct in the context of this act and should be commended for his swift actions.

How soon we forget the 2002 attack on KC Royals first base coach Tom Gamboa. Gamboa was lucky in a sense, he escaped with only a few cuts and bruises.

Think about it, this idiots' overriding thought and decision making was to say F**K YOU to everyone else in the ballpark, to say look at me, look at me. I can do whatever I want and the rest of you just have to take it. Allowing this behavior to go on a moment longer would only encourage others to emulate it. I pray for a fair hearing on this matter and a judge decides on some appropriate penalty. I also think the Phillies should ban this person from their ballpark, sending a clear and concise message, there is zero tolerance for any behavior that endangers, fans, players, or the employees.

His father says they, the police should not have tasered him. Maybe his father should have raised him to respect others and the law. His Dad says he's headed to Penn State... While Penn State should not have to become his surrogate parent, it should make it very clear there ARE consequences for acts. If he chooses to negatively impact the lives of other on campus, there are other students who deserve his seat.

End of rant. Thanks for hearing me out.

20. May 4, 2010 at 11:42 AM
    2010nctaco

2010nctaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Concord NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport 4x4
    What would everyone had said if they tackled the guy and it broke his leg? The taser really hurts like a S.O.B., but it helps keep a lot of people from getting hurt. The taser keeps the officer and the violator safe from physical injury most of the time. If I had the chance to fight someone or tase them, I'll tase them everytime.:laser:

Products Discussed in

To Top