1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

piaa 520

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 07tacomapreerunner, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Jul 5, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    07tacomapreerunner

07tacomapreerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    whats everyones opinion on the piaa 520 lights?
    i was thinking about the atp or the smr. how do they compare to other lights?

2. Jul 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I have a set of PIAA 520 driving lights behind my Satoshi grill and I love them!! I installed some PIAA plasma yellow ION bulbs a couple months ago fora different look and I think they look great.;) I dont have room for comparison since these are the first ones I have tried.
    [​IMG]

3. Jul 5, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    07tacomapreerunner

07tacomapreerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    thanks. also what is the difference between the smr and atp? is it a noticable difference?

4. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    larryde09

larryde09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport, White Double Cab "Yeti"
    Current: DR750S-2CH Dash Cam, USB Fast Charger in stock blank, Hondo Garage phone mount Previous: 2006 Black 2.7L 5-spd SR5 4x4 Access Cab - K&N Cold Air Intake, Modified Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Altezza Tail Lights, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, PIAA foglights with stock switch, DrawTite Hitch, OBX Shift Knob, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, DIY step bars, DIY Bed Lights, DIY Ground Lights, DIY Tailgate Electrical Box, Aftermarket switches in stock dash blanks, Sony Head Unit, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod
    Check out http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/LampSelectionGuide.html. Other parts of the website talk about them too.

I think the ATP is designed more for professional off-roading or night time off-roading. From what I gather, it is illegal to use on the street. However, the smr is meant for street use. Obviously states have different laws, but I think this is PIAA's intention.

5. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I've had a couple pairs of 520's in my lifetime on various vehicles. You can get the 520's in either fog or driving. The driving lights are frigin awesome.
    This last pair I had (sold them with the jeep) were about 10 years old and still running with only minimal rust on the casing. Granted - I didn't use them very often so their bulb life had lasted that long.

Well worth it! I have a set of PIAA 540's now (fogs). Same thing, just a little smaller in diameter.

6. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:58 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I had a pair on my Jeep and they were very good. I had one issue with a relay and I called PIAA. They sent me a new one immediately without hesitation.

Products Discussed in

To Top