1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Picking the right front bumper for a stock suspension TACO **need help!!!**

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Drn87, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Aug 29, 2015 at 10:47 AM
    Drn87

Drn87 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Metallic Grey TRD
    20150203_172811.jpg

Hello fellow Tacomarites,

Last month got into a car accident in the mall where basically the side of my front bumper got destroyed.

It was the other person's fault as they were backing out, since insurance is going to cover this damage, I am looking for a upgrade on my front bumper and pay the difference.

I don't plan on lifting my taco anytime soon, but seems like most of the aftermarket front bumpers I see online are all lifted which looks really nice. But I don't have that money so I was wondering if anyone would suggest what kind of aftermarket front bumper would look nice and doesn't weigh too much in the front. I also had an existing light bar installed behind the front bumper, and will need something that has room to let me relocate this bar.

I am out of Calgary, Canada and would appreciate some thoughts or even pictures of front bumpers with stock suspensions! I was recommended the ARBs, but I did a little research and it don't seem to be feasible for a stock taco as it is too heavy, might just look for bumpers that are aluminum but also easily obtainable in Canada.

Excited for some helpful replies!

(picture was before the accident :( and shows my light bar installed)

:)

2. Aug 30, 2015 at 3:45 AM
    Jeffvt0508

Jeffvt0508 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Anderson, SC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB 4x4 trd offroad
    Ome 887s, dakars, lr uca,sliders, konig countersteer,
    I would start looking and thinking about aluminum.. there are only a few handful vendors that offer them.. and tend to be slight more expensive.. but are definitely lighter..

3. Aug 30, 2015 at 11:53 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Yeah, on a stock suspension you should go aluminum. Unfortunately though aluminum bumpers tend to be easier to bend than steel so I'm not sure if you'd want to go that direction.

Products Discussed in

To Top