1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

picture request

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by anotherreject, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Jan 5, 2014 at 11:11 AM
    anotherreject

anotherreject [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have 2005 taco with a stock 6disk changer, i may have to replace the stock head unit. I would be using whatever cheap/inexpensive head unit ,dash mount kit and wiring harness i can find at walmart.

I noticed on my 2005 the clock, passenger seatbelt/airbag icons and the hazard light button are surrounded by the same one piece of plastic on the stock head unit.

If i replace the stock head unit and use whatever dash mount kit what will it look like with the passenger seatbelt/ airbag icons clock and hazard light button not surrounded by the stock plastic.

Im asking for you to post pictures of your head unit installs and post what brand dash mount kit used.

2. Jan 5, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    anotherreject

Member:
    This is the 2005 stock unit if i didnt make any sense, or if newer models look different.

CAM00158.jpg

3. Jan 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Just pick up a scosche or metra dash install kit. Should be able to order online fairly cheap. Then you don't have to worry about how it looks.

4. Jan 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    anotherreject

Member:
    Thanks, i was confused about how the clock and hazard light button would attach

Products Discussed in

To Top