1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer Avic 700bt

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by guinness9@comcast.net, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Sep 9, 2008 at 6:56 PM
    guinness9@comcast.net

guinness9@comcast.net [OP] New Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma xtra cab 4x4 trd
    Hello, I am interested in the pioneer AVIC 700bt NAV and Blue tooth. Have you heard anything about the model.

2. Sep 9, 2008 at 7:12 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
  3. Sep 10, 2008 at 8:23 AM
    elmdor

elmdor Member

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    08 DCab TRD Sport 4x4
    Beeper Pioneer AVIC-700BT
    I've got the 700bt. It is fair at best I would say. I don't have an IPOD hooked up yet but the bluetooth works on it 95% of the time. There are little problems here and there with the unit but overall it is a good buy for around $600 if you can find it for that, just don't expect perfection. I've heard the kenwood units are pretty good but they are significantly more expensive. I frequent avic411.com.. they will have all you need.

4. Sep 10, 2008 at 11:42 AM
    ROMbler

ROMbler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    SW FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner SR5
    DTRL
    elmdor, how well does the GPS work for you? Does it warn you to stay in a certain lane ahead when it is warranted? Did Pioneer ever fix the issue where the Nav voice says "comma" instead of "point" in the miles?

5. Sep 10, 2008 at 11:58 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
  6. Sep 10, 2008 at 5:47 PM
    dtrujillo63

dtrujillo63 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denny
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport
    I was researching both the 900BT and the Kenwood DNX5120 about a week ago. I ended up getting the DNX5120. A lot of people are having problems with the 700/900BT head unit. It takes about 90 seconds after start up before its responsive. I also read that it can take up to 5 minutes after start up before it picks up your bluetooth phone. I'm really loving the DNX5120! GPS is ran by Garmin, it kicks ass! I got it for $600 OTD. Highly recommend it.

7. May 13, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    Just picked up and installed this unit this weekend, so far its seems to be a pretty solid for the price.

The reason I chose this one was mainly cause I don't have $1000 to cough up on a stereo, and also the Interface on this unit seemed much better then the generic looking ones that other manufacturers have. Plus you have the usual hookups as the other ones ( USB,RCA, IPOD, back up camera ) and SD card which I thought was cool.

Only thing that sucks is that it take about a minute to boot up, and it does not play DVD's, but for the price I didnt really care about playing DVD's. I already hooked up my portable DVD player through the RCA jacks so basically does everything I need.

Products Discussed in

To Top