1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer avic z2 help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Tacoma414, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Mar 7, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    Tacoma414

Tacoma414 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Agua Dulce
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 4.0L
    Flowmaster Exhaust 2" spacer lift 09 Tails blacked out Black headlight mod 6000k HIDs/Foglight mod Fog Light Mod 20" LED Light Bar Behind Grille Billet Grille Color matched mirros, doorhandles and bumper 5% tint all around Pioneer 4300dvd 2 10" kicker CVRs Alpine speakers Dome light: Blue LED Map light: White LED
    hey i need help with the pioneer, my buddy is selling it cause he always wants the new thing, he has everthing with it, does it ever have problems, i just dont want to get it and have it break 2 months later and ill be out $600, so its a good price but idk if i want to risk it, i love the look and everything, i just want to make sure its worth it, i need all the help i can get thanks guys

2. Mar 7, 2011 at 8:57 PM
    outxider

outxider Never stop exploring. Rest in Paradise Big Bro.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sang
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4x4
    A few mods here and there and counting....
    I have the Z2 and absolutely love it. Head over to avic411.com forums and read up on it. I sent my hdd in to a known member of that board to have it updated w the 2010 firmware update and maps. Prior to that, i was having a lot of issues of the unit freezing. Hasn't happen since the update. The bluetooth works very well, ipod connector will not charge any current gen ipod or iphone since it was released back in 04-05ish.

It was Pioneer's flagship model at the time and if you can get it for a bit cheaper then 600, go for it! Only current problems i have with the unit is the non charging ipod connector and the gear that operates the screen to insert cds is busted, so i have to manually pull the face down to change disc. I have the bypass done so playing movies and inserting navigation directions is done without having to stop the vehicle.

Products Discussed in

To Top