1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer usb not connecting N/A USB

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RtacomaN, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Jun 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    RtacomaN

RtacomaN [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Colorado
    I have just a basic pioneer head unit that I have that replaced my kenwood that I sold. It is the pioneer dxt-2369ub which is supposobly "made for ipod"
    When I plug in my iphone it trys to connect and just reads "N/A USB"

I tried to search google and the possible solutions I found was that it was only compatible with certain years of ipods and the guy in the video connected a cord he got with it to his ipod cord and then it worked. I however don't have this cord.

Is it possible for my iphone to be hooked up to the usb? if so what cord would I need or am I limited to my ipod? Id appreciate it if someone could explain it to me how this system works to.
    Thanks

2. Jun 14, 2012 at 6:32 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    First thing I would try is to hook a USB stick onto it and verify that the USB connection is functioning. If the thumb drive works then you have some compatability problem with your iphone/cable/HU. What iphone are you using, what cable are you using, do you have any ipods hanging around that you can try?

I've owned several Pioneer HUs with USB and/or i* support. I've always been able to use a standard i* USB cable to make a connection for music. To use get music and video there is a "special" cable that feeds the USB and the video into the HU, but a normal ipod USB cable has anyways worked for just music.

3. Jun 14, 2012 at 6:48 AM
    RtacomaN

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Colorado
    Thanks, I think the iPhone 4 I have may just be too new for the HU. I tried my old nano with the same cord that came with my iPhone and it worked. So I guess my iPhone can't work?

4. Jun 14, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    If the HU is new enough, try sending a question to Pioneer support. I would have thought that the iphone would still offer just a "normal" USB connection, but I'm not an iphone user myself. Does the iphone have a config setting for USB Mass Storage?

5. Jun 14, 2012 at 8:18 AM
    RtacomaN

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Colorado
    Im not sure, I am not that technologically gifted. I can manage but I don't know for sure.

6. Jun 18, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    CrutchfieldDarren

CrutchfieldDarren Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    You may try to reset your phone, but I'm afraid it is not going I work. This unit does have USB, but it appears that it only works with thumb drives, not iPods or iPhones.

7. Jul 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    RtacomaN

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Colorado
    Any idea how to reset the headunit? I read that it won't support my iPod 4th gen but the guy at my local stereo store plugged in his brand new nano and it worked... Man this has me stumped .my fourth gen nano only played podcasts when connected it wouldn't do music even when I deleted the podcasts.

Products Discussed in

To Top