1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pitt Bulls - the most dangerous dog breed for children

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by nd, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Mar 13, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    nd

nd [OP] Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Pitts are pretty as hell imo, all the above are great looking pups

2. Mar 13, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    rutherk1

rutherk1 ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver TRD 4door
    I don't know why anyone would have a pet (dog or not) that, if it decided to, could easily kill them and their family. Just seems dumb. Anyone that has a Pitt, Rot, Chow, whatever, always says, after it attacks someone, "But it seemed so friendly, you would have never thought little twinkle toes would have done that".

The guy that mows my lawn has a 8 month old girl. Had her face bitten my its Doberman and was in the hospital for 3 days. Unreal. He said the same thing "But she was so loving. They were buddies." Evidently the 8 month old grabbed the dogs ball.

Dumbasses. It's not worth it.

3. Mar 13, 2009 at 12:12 PM
    Marazzito

Marazzito Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dublin, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Exhaust, AFE Cold Air Intake, URD Short Shifter, OME 886 HD Lift OME Rear Springs With XL... TRD Supercharger Coming Soon.
    I have a Pitt and it is the best dog I have ever had and I have had Labs, a Collie, Irish Setters and Boxers. People don't get it, they are not aggressive dogs by nature, they are very strong and athletic but not brutally aggressive. The problem is they are so loyal to their owners they will do what ever it takes to make them happy even if it means fighting to their death. In the right hands their need to please is their best attribute. I am on my first Pitt and it has made me a true believer in the breed and will be a Pitt owner for life. By the way, my Pitt is terrified of my 11 year old Yellow Lab.

The real problem is the Media... They blow everything out of proportion, they capitalize only on the bad news giving people the wrong idea of reality.

4. Mar 13, 2009 at 12:13 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Ruther,

So my friend who was attacked as a child by a yellow lab should've started an anti yellow-lab-campaign.

5. Mar 13, 2009 at 12:17 PM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
    Here's ours. Her name is Chaos. She is the most friendly dog ever. Very playful and full of energy. It's too bad they get such a bad rep.

[​IMG]

6. Mar 13, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    Marazzito

Member:
    Dublin, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Exhaust, AFE Cold Air Intake, URD Short Shifter, OME 886 HD Lift OME Rear Springs With XL... TRD Supercharger Coming Soon.
    Honestly, before I had a Pitt I thought like you. I ended up getting mine as a puppy from a rescue not knowing he was a pitt. As he grew up we quickly realized what we had. I did tons of research and before long realized how great of dogs they actually are in the right hands.

If you grab a Golden Retrievers Balls it's going to bite. That has nothing to do with the dog that is bad common sence on the owners part. Small children should always be supervised with pets, even cats.

There are a lot of Pitt owners on this forum, so there are a lot of people you are calling dumbasses here.

7. Mar 13, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Good lookin dog!

8. Mar 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM
    Marazzito

Member:
    Dublin, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    Some work in hospitals and care facilities as certified therapy dogs, many are well-loved family pets, and some have even saved people's lives. There are many instances of Pit Bulls being productively employed by U.S. Customs, as police K9s.

Pit Bulls have been reported in the news media as "adopting" other species of animals, such as kittens. This is one possible origin of the breed nickname "nanny dog". However, it is more widely accepted that the "nanny dog" nickname comes from Pit Bull-type dogs' innate love and tolerance of children.

A rescued Pit Bull called Popsicle is a United States Customs dog, and is famous for sniffing out one of the biggest cocaine busts in history.
    Dakota and Tahoe were certified pit bull search and rescue dogs who participated in over 200 search efforts for lost and missing people including such high profile search efforts as the search for Laci Peterson and the recovery efforts of the astronauts who lost their lives in the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster. Because of their heroic work the two pit bulls have been featured on Animal Planet, National Geographic, and have received countless awards.

In February, 2006, New Yorker magazine writer Malcolm Gladwell published an article surveying the research on Pit Bulls which concluded that legal attempts to ban the breed were both crude and unnecessary.
    In February 2007 a Pit Bull named "Chief" rescued his owner's family from a spitting cobra by dashing in front of the attacking snake and taking the deadly bite himself. Chief subdued the snake but died of the venom 30 minutes later.

Nearly fifty Pit Bulls were seized from Michael Vick's dogfighting operation in 2007. Of those dogs, one was euthanized because of aggression issues. About half were sent to Best Friends Animal Society, a Utah animal sanctuary, where they are receiving care and behavioral training. The others, which were behaviorally evaluated as being suitable candidates for adoption, went to various other groups. Bay Area Doglovers Responsible About Pit Bulls (BAD RAP), transported thirteen of these dogs in an RV across the United States to Oakland, California, where they were placed in adoptive and foster homes. BAD RAP detailed the timeline of the dogs progress, from initial evaluations to fostering and adoption, on its website. A dog that was truely a monster by nature wouldn't be able to be adopted again after living a life of cruel violence.

9. Mar 13, 2009 at 12:33 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John

Nice work.

10. Mar 13, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    agreed 100%. with love and discipline they're great. but for owners who want one just because they're "cool" but dont take the time to raise them, they can be dangerous

11. Mar 13, 2009 at 1:00 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    just like chickens..........

[​IMG]

12. Mar 13, 2009 at 1:02 PM
    MyToyTaco

MyToyTaco ╒╪╕

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    wenatchee, wa
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4
    It's the same as being in a relationship...if you don't give her the time & effort, she'll bite your face off too...are we dumb asses for wanting to be with a woman?

:p

13. Mar 13, 2009 at 1:03 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Pits ARE good pets. It all depends on how they are raised, just like with any animal....Nobody ever complains about the Killer Ostrich:

[​IMG]

14. Mar 13, 2009 at 1:03 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    haha! no shit dude, my friends dad bought a rooster cause it would "be fun"... fun my ass! that little bastard would chase you from the moment you walked out the door until you jumped headfirst into your car. we ended up shooting it

15. Mar 13, 2009 at 1:03 PM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    Nope, just genetically challenged.

16. Mar 13, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    perfect analogy :)

how can you say that? didn't you see the rage in the eyes of that dog as the kid was drawing on it? they are all born killers! the one in the picture was just waiting.... biding his time....

17. Mar 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM
    spaghettiedy

spaghettiedy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB Sport in Black 4x4
    Gray Weathertechs, LG Wet Okoles, Tacome OEM Bedmat
    I've had labs, german shepards, mutts, and been around all kinds of various dogs; and wouldn't trade my SBT for any other bread. SBT, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, is a close relative of the Pit Bull Terrier (UKC) or American Staffordshire Terrier (AKC).

Most people that bad mouth "Pits", are uneducated about the dogs in general. The media plays into this as well!!! ANY dog breed that is abused, mistreated, or neglicated could possible attack. Bull breeds are just very good at doing it. BUT, so are dobermans, chows (one bite me), german shepards (one attacked my brother), poodles, rootweilers, mastiffs, and the list goes on-and-on.

My point, like everyone else's that actually owns or has been around bull breeds, is that you don't know how wonderful the breeds are until you've met them. "F" michael vick and people like him for fighting them.

18. Mar 13, 2009 at 1:11 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Yes....I fear your right. There is a good chance the kid has already been eaten...:(

19. Mar 13, 2009 at 1:13 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    yeah, standard poodles are big and mean as shit! they attack for no damn reason, even if you're not a stranger.

20. Mar 13, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:

Dude, if I looked like this, I would be pissed 24 friggin 7

[​IMG]