1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Plate bumper on the way!!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Meanahyotruck, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Jul 1, 2015 at 9:18 PM
    Meanahyotruck

Meanahyotruck [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Duke
    Cardiff
    Vehicle:
    98' with 33"s lumber rack and box of tools
    6 inch ome kit 18" rims
    I just got confirmation my diy Relentless Fab bumper is on the way! Do i have to disable my air bags and what are the little details that i need to know? Any kinks that anyone has run into?

2. Jul 1, 2015 at 9:21 PM
    Poe101

Poe101 Tonka Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Central Illinois
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport SR5
    See Build

no need to disable.

no kinks putting a plate bumper on, taking the stock bumper off is a pita but not difficult.

3. Jul 2, 2015 at 12:20 AM
    TimPall13

TimPall13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Gresham Oregon
    Vehicle:
    3link SAS 02 SR5 Limited V6
    Lift: TrailGear 3link SAS with Fox 2.0 Coil overs in front. Custom Alcan Leafs with relocated Fox 2.0 shocks in rear. Sitting at 6in of lift. Armor: Relentless Fab Front bumper with home made hoops and Warn VR Evo 10s winch. Relentless Fab Rear bumper with swingout gate. Gears/Grip: 4.88 gears with ARB Air lockers front and rear. 35x12.5 Mickey Thimpson Baja Boss MTs on 17in Trail Ready Beadlock wheels. Lighting: 6000k 55w HID head lights in Retrofit Prejectors, KC Slim Light LEDs behind a Grillcraft grill and on CBI windshield mounts, And LED rock Lights. Performance: 6" deckplate mod, URD Crank Pulley, K&N air filter, ISR mod, and a AirRaid throttle body spacer, magnaflow muffler. Audio: Alpine speakers and sub running on a Alpine 5ch amp. All ran with Stinger wire kit, and a Pioneer AVH4100NEX DVD receiver. Extras: 15% Window Tint, Spray in bed liner, LineX coated factoey fender flares, Custom Roof rack/Track system, SoftTopper Canopy, Viair Dual 444c Onboard air with dual 2.5Gal tanks.
    Just make sure to tack it and test fit. Im working on mine and at first was a head ache to figure out how pieces all go together but isnt too bad once you figure it out. If you have any questions or need pictures just PM me and let me know since im in the grinding portion now. I took a few pictures of it coming together.

Tim

4. Jul 2, 2015 at 10:57 PM
    Meanahyotruck

Meanahyotruck [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Duke
    Cardiff
    Vehicle:
    98' with 33"s lumber rack and box of tools
    6 inch ome kit 18" rims
    sweet thanks guys