1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Platinum Extended Warranty

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by satcom221, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Mar 7, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    satcom221

satcom221 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Kingston, WA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Celestial Silver Double Cab SR5 4x4 SB
    VLEDS V tail conversion, gas cap holder
    I just pulled chocks on the extended warranty. I had one on my 1996 Jeep Cherokee, that I used on transmission work at 110,000 miles totaling $6500 with no money from me. That sold me for future extended warranties. Sure its a gamble - they are betting you won't use it and you are betting you will.

I put 20k a year on my truck and I plan to keep it until for a very long time. So I got the 8 year / 125k zero deductible platinum. Below is the email from Jerry at Midwest Toyota. Call him and ask any questions you may have. If you are registered on the Toyota Owners site, you can send him your History for vehicle verification (VIN and last dealer visit date & mileage)

[FONT=&quot]Hello Richard E Harris [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This is Jerry Johnson with Midwest Toyota and Midwest Superstore[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your purchase of the 8 year 125,000 miles Toyota Factory Extra Care platinum Zero Deductible Warranty On your 2010 Tacoma 4x4[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On 02/24/2012 you paid Midwest Toyota $1,399.00 in full for your purchase[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Your invoice is 61052[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]DEAL 98360[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You will receive your paper work from me with in two weeks and the warranty will be active, Toyota will send you the warranty book shortly after that[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And the warranty book will have all your information on your warranty [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you so very much for your Purchase[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Jerry Johnson[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jerry Johnson[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Warranty Manager[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Midwest Toyota[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Midwest Ford[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Midwest Superstore[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1100 east 30th[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hutchinson, Ks 67502[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Phone 800-530-5789[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Cell 620-664-8844[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Email jerryj@midwestsuperstore.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please recommend me to your Family and friends and if you could go back online and post that I gave you a great deal and great service I Would be very grateful.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I do offer Toyota, Scion, and Lexus Platinum Factory Zero Deductible Warranty[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And for Ford I offer Ford, Mercury and Lincoln Factory Premium Care Warranty[/FONT]

2. Mar 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    MotorsportsAustin

MotorsportsAustin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Belmont, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Off Road 6spd
    Thanks for posting this, I might call Mr. Jerry Johnson over the next couple months. I'd never heard of a 8yr / 125k Toyota factory warr.

3. Mar 8, 2012 at 1:50 AM
    Murph

Murph Go Pack Go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fox Valley, WI
    Vehicle:
    2000 Extra Cab TRD O/R
    3" lift. American racing 15'' rims. 33x12.50 BFG A/T tires. tool box. ARB bumper, mile marker winch, kc highlights. No carpet inside sprayed with bed liner. Kicker door speakers. Alpine head unit.
    wow thats pretty awesome, nothing beats peace of mind!

4. Mar 8, 2012 at 3:39 AM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    This type of warranty might be good for those who put a lot of miles on their vehicles in a short time. Some on-the-road businessmen and field researchers can easily run past the mileage limit on the basic warranty in a few months. That said, remember that this warranty is running concurrently with your basic, drivetrain and emissions warranties so you need to subtract those to see what you are actually getting for your $1400.

My guess is that the bean counters at Toyota have figured out that the average vehicle won't have $1400 in covered extended warranty repairs or they wouldn't be selling the policy. Even for covered parts you will need a near perfect recommended maintenance record and also no damage caused by off-road driving or other "non-normal" use. I've owned four Toyota trucks over the past 30+ years and none of them would have had a repair covered by an extended warranty. The repairs I've had were either factory defects covered in the first few months or under TSBs/recalls or were needed well after 125k miles.

Products Discussed in

To Top