1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please Help with Tips on Grill Craft Install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blazze2005, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Jan 9, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    blazze2005

blazze2005 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Pre-Runner Sport
    Fuel Off-Road Octane Wheels,Yokohama Geolander ATS 265/65/17.Grillcraft,Borla Exhaust,Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover,Pop n Lock Tailgate Security,Custom Wet Okle TRD Seat Covers,Catch-All Matts,Gatorback Belt,Shorty Antenna,Toyota Bed Matt,Sirius Radio,Vent Sades,20% Lumar Window Tint
    My Grillcraft Mesh Grille will be here on Thursday and wanted to start gathering what I may need for the install. I was wondering what is the best thing to use to cut out the center on my stock grille?

What kind of saw should I use? Any photos and tips you guys may have would be really helpful..

Thanks For any Help

2. Jan 9, 2011 at 8:38 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Just getta saw with a fine blade...like a pvc saw would be perfect. And maybe some fine grit sand paper so its smooth and finished (not that you'll see it)

3. Jan 9, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    blazze2005

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Fuel Off-Road Octane Wheels,Yokohama Geolander ATS 265/65/17.Grillcraft,Borla Exhaust,Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover,Pop n Lock Tailgate Security,Custom Wet Okle TRD Seat Covers,Catch-All Matts,Gatorback Belt,Shorty Antenna,Toyota Bed Matt,Sirius Radio,Vent Sades,20% Lumar Window Tint
    How bought a hack-saw blade held in hand,would that do it?

4. Jan 9, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    ChopperCam

ChopperCam Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Blk Tacoma Double Cab
    Toytec lift, 5100's,Tint, Front grill,All pro front bumper, Warn winch, Hella Blk magic lights, piaa fog lights, Avic D3, TRD Exhaust, Cold air intake, fog light anytime, Tailgate mod, debadged,
    I just used a cordless Reciprocating Saw to do mine, turned out good. Just take your time and remember to paint your rad if you want that all black look.

5. Jan 9, 2011 at 8:57 PM
    blazze2005

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    I will be painting the A/C Condenser when it warms up around here...

Any recommendation on what black spray paint to use?

Do I have to use High Heat paint on the A/C Condenser?

6. Jan 10, 2011 at 6:33 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    I used a close quarters hacksaw (google it) and it worked great since the plastic is pretty soft and the Dremel just didn't fit well.

As for paint, what I and quite a few others on here, use flat black BBQ paint. Not sure if the high-temp part is required or not, but better safe than sorry.

7. Jan 10, 2011 at 9:21 AM
    Grande

Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thomas, The little truck that could
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    also on the grillcraft web site, they hav good step by step pics, and list the tools u need......i kno this cuz i was gona get one for my sisters RSX but never did, lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top