1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Plug N play harness to relocate USB port.

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by mutely, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Nov 10, 2019 at 9:52 AM
    porterx

porterx Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am having trouble with my harness and am not sure what the problem is. I had my ipod connected then I bumped the connector and now I can't get it to reconnect or charge. I don't know if the problem is the usb cable to the ipod, the usb side of the dual connector, the wiring to the Entune radio or the Entune radio.

If anyone has any ideas, i'd appreciate hearing them. TIA.

2. Nov 14, 2019 at 1:47 AM
    porterx

porterx Well-Known Member

Member:
    I think I have it figured out. I had a bad 30 pin usb cable for my ipod. I ordered a 10 pack and, so far, problem solved.

I gotta say, this is one awesome mod. The ipod is out of the way in the center console. I put it in a throw away piece of "Tupperware" so it doesn't get banged around. I couldn't be happier. I was using this but I've since ordered 2 of these so everything should be Quick Charge 3.0. I haven't installed it yet. I'm waiting for this to arrive and I will. I will have one port available so I'm gonna install this and run the USB cable down to it so it should be Quick Charge too. I was going to build a Frankenmount but thought I'd try the easy way first.

I decided to leave the OEM accessory plug in the center console and add the dual USB beside of it. It came out looking pretty good.

1-20191114_033320.jpg 2-20191114_033419.jpg 3-20191114_033349.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top