1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pop&Lock PL5300 with non factory camera?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by memario1214, Mar 20, 2011.

1. memario1214

memario1214 [OP] Vivid Illumination Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    MT recently relocated to Willmar, MN
    Vehicle:
    05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD Cold Air Intake, rear cat delete with Aero Turbine 2525, Maglite mount mod, white LED's all around, white gauges w/blue needles, Tinted Tails, Morimoto 32" XBAR LED Bar, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau, Pioneer AVIC X-920 BT touchscreen, FX-R Retrofit, LR UCAs, OME 3" Lift w/ Dakar leafs, DTLT Headers, Walbro 255 fuel pump, TRD S/C, Hankook Dynapro ATM tires
    I have a pioneer X920BT headunit and I am looking into getting a back up camera. Does anyone know whether or not another back-up camera will work with the PL5300, or does it need to be the stock one to fit in there correctly? Any help/insight/etc is greatly appreciated

2. Snowman11

Snowman11 Supreme Ruler

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    Mine's in the rear view mirror. You can get the new tailgate handle and mirror combination.

3. memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Vehicle:
    05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD Cold Air Intake, rear cat delete with Aero Turbine 2525, Maglite mount mod, white LED's all around, white gauges w/blue needles, Tinted Tails, Morimoto 32" XBAR LED Bar, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau, Pioneer AVIC X-920 BT touchscreen, FX-R Retrofit, LR UCAs, OME 3" Lift w/ Dakar leafs, DTLT Headers, Walbro 255 fuel pump, TRD S/C, Hankook Dynapro ATM tires
    I know where the stock one is. I have an 05, wasn't even an option then. I want one that is compatible with my double din but also compatible with the PopNLock if that makes sense??? No mirror involvement. Unnecessary expense at this point, but I guess what isn't lol

4. TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, TRAIN HORNS, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    I have an eclipse reverse camera mounted in my PnL. With a little bit of careful dremmeling it fits and looks great! If you want, I can get a pic...

5. memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Vehicle:
    05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    If you could please!

6. TorenApart

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, TRAIN HORNS, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Vehicle:
    05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Cool thank you! Hows the video quality on it? Pretty decent?

8. TorenApart

Member:
    Vehicle:
    The video quality is excellent. I really don't know what I would do without this thing now that I am used to it. I feel blind when backing up in a car without one now...

9. erazon

erazon Active Member

Member:
    Seatle
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma CrewCab
    Hi Colton,

I'm planning exactly the same. But mine is a 2006 w/o the factory camera option. Like you, i wish to buy the P&L with the camera slot. I plan to hook an eclipse camera and plug it to a Kenwood Excelon HU.

Have you installed the P&L on your 2005 yet? Did the PL5300 fit w/o modification (and or dremeling)? What kind of camera did you get?

Thanks,
    Ed

10. memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Vehicle:
    05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Nah man, I haven't done it yet. Funds got a little depleted when I bought my retrofit headlights and tonneau cover. It is coming, but I don't have it yet...

11. TorenApart

Member:
    Vehicle:
    minor dremel use is necessary.

To Top