1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Popping noise has it hits bumps

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacomasport82, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Nov 26, 2015 at 11:02 PM
    Tacomasport82

Tacomasport82 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Sport Prerunner
    Stock
    Okay I'm new on here but recently I have notice a popping noise coming from the right front of my truck , which is a Tacoma 2014 Trd sport 2wd. Well the noise sounds more like a loose plastic around the cab area on the floorboard as I felt it sitting in the passenger seat. Recently took it to the dealer and had the strut, link, bump stop replaced on the right side and it's still there ? I'm lost here. Everything is tighten, even the body mount bolts were nice and tight . But his happen more often when it's been sitting over night or on a cold morning, I have notice that as the day warms up it gets quieter but still there . It doesn't do it all the time , only when it wants to.any suggestion will be much appreciated , thanks

2. Nov 27, 2015 at 10:07 AM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    Get your LCA bushings greased, they may be starting to seize - it'll happen eventually (sooner than later) without attention. This may or may not be what you're hearing. If you do them one at a time you shouldn't need to re-align.

3. Nov 27, 2015 at 10:09 AM
    Unchained 5150

Unchained 5150 Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn Ma
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Poser Pro Manual.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm how easy are they to get out?

4. Nov 27, 2015 at 10:18 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    Rumor has it they're not too tough. That said, I was using a punch and a BFH. Mine never budged. I tried using a jack to relieve pressure under the bolt, but nothing... All of this, of course, with the wheel off and truck properly supported. Mine are on until I cut them off, I think. My suspicions were reinforced on my last alignment, when my mechanic had trouble getting my numbers close to where I wanted them.

My driver side makes an awful noise when it flexes. It's a combination creak/pop that's a little disturbing.

5. Nov 27, 2015 at 10:20 AM
    Unchained 5150

Unchained 5150 Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn Ma
    Vehicle:
    Do you have part numbers for new ones? And let me guess they all seem to seize because Toyota doesn't grease them?

6. Nov 27, 2015 at 10:25 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Affirmative on the bold type.

I didn't look for the part#, but my dealership wants around $200 per side - just for parts. This is the main reason I haven't done them. I know there's a MOOG kit - I've read mixed reviews about the quality and fit of the parts. There's a bushing kit from Energy suspension (I think) that's reasonably priced, but if I could get the bolts out I'd just grease the stock bushings.

7. Nov 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM
    Unchained 5150

Unchained 5150 Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn Ma
    Vehicle:
    Sounds like a nightmare.

Products Discussed in

To Top