1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Port and Polish Intake?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Brad H, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Jul 14, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    Brad H

Brad H [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lisbon Falls, ME
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 SR5
    Deck Plate, Marlin Crawler Rear Bumper, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper and Skids, Bilstein 5100s w/ Eibach Springs front, Wheelers 5Pak w/ OME, '01 Tundra Front Brakes, CBI Bolt-on Sliders, More to come
    Hello,

I'm new to Tacoma and trucks in general. My last vehicle was a '99 Cobra and I've learned it's best to check the forums first.

Anyways, I have an '01 4x4 with the V6 and was wondering if it would be worth it to port and polish the intake?

So far I've done the deck plate mod and will be replacing the filter with the prodry once the stock one needs to be replaced.

Also, would adding just headers be worth it? I've done the loud exhaust before and I'm not looking to add a whole bunch of noise (I'm enjoying the peace after my last car.)

Enjoying the truck so far and it's the first time I'm looking forward to winter in awhile :thumbsup:

Thanks for any help,
    Brad

2. Jul 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW!
    Headers make a good improvement on the 3.4 and the 2.7. I havent polished the intakes, but I dont think you could get a large hp gain from it.

Products Discussed in

To Top