1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Posession and providing laws?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by ToyComa92, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Apr 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Hey guys, im looking into purchasing my first handgun but am very confused on the laws for "providing" a handgun. It says that you have to be over 18 to posess or Provide a handgun... does that mean i can privately purchase a handgun if im 20 years old? That part is just as confusing as open carrying the handgun once i get it. im 20 and you have to be 21 to "conceal" but open carry is over 18... But what are the laws on it being loaded? Ive tried doing research on RMGO and honestly im still pretty lost. Any LEOS advice would be great! im looking into getting a handgun for protection and self defense.

2. Apr 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
  3. Apr 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    under federal law you cannot buy a new pistol from a gun dealer until youre 21...but you can buy one in a private sale at 18(assuming state law doesnt prohibit it)

http://opencarry.org/co.html < says the min at to carry openly is 18(except in denver because of some case you cant OC at all)

4. Apr 5, 2012 at 7:54 AM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    OP,

your questions will largely depend on CO state/local laws... i'd recommend looking up your local grassroots group in CO there for specific answers...

Products Discussed in

To Top