1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Possible move to Arkansas

Discussion in 'South Central' started by dYL0n, May 20, 2012.

1. May 20, 2012 at 6:48 AM
    dYL0n

dYL0n [OP] أنا لست الإسلامي

Member:
    First Name:
    Dyl0n
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    17TRDORDCSBQSJBLKBRO2SPECU1.04
    1.04. Kbro2s. ICONS.
    ....Any taco owners in the Russellville, Conway area? May possible have a job in Russellville. Trying to meet some people and get to know the area :eek:

2. May 22, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    Shalako

Shalako Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kent
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed SR5 w/nav
    Yeah I live about 25 miles to the west of Russellville, in Clarksville. We have a lot of ville's around here. I have a tundra for now, but my tacoma is on its way. I wanted the tacoma last year, but the wife decided that I needed the bigger truck. It's a great truck but it's a beast in the mountains, and it's 2wd. Not too upset because if I would of got the tacoma last year I'm sure it would of been 2wd and I'd still be wanting a 4wd.

I've been disabled for 4 years now, and have had depressing moments where I wanted to move somewhere else where people don't know me. Putting my pride aside though and my family first, we live in an incredible state. I've been to many states and several countries, and this state is special. I asked my two grandmothers this year the same question: "did you and grandpa ever want to move to another state?", and the first one said "no, this place(river valley) has everything you could ever want", and the other said "no, when your grandpa moved here from oklahoma, he thought this was paradise on earth and couldn't imagine living anywhere else". The second was my grandfather Bill Kenner, and he started a successful fiberglass boat shop (Kenner Boats) now (K2 Marine). Tracker boats bought out Kenner boats to be consumed by their Mako boat line. K2 marine and Kenner still pump out boats in Knoxville, between clarksville and russellville. So with my grandmothers sealing the deal on my happiness here I started to educate myself on the history of this awesome state that I've lived in for 30 years.

I was driving in the mountains early this year in an area that I frequently camp during the opening of squirrel season. Instead of turning around I kept driving, and much to my surprise I found around 100 jeep wranglers in a big field and looked like woodstock. I didn't even know there was beer for sale 5 minutes away from my "end of the road" campsite. The jeeps were giving me strange looks like I got lost or something, and these jeeps weren't even from arkansas. So I put my foot down and said this is the last time a non-arkansan knows more about my state than I do. These guys were at "Byrd's Adventure" and there is a off-road track for rock climbing vehicles and atv's.

I suggest reading "Arkansas Nature Lover's Guide" by Tim Ernst
    There are so many good books by this guy, and he has devoted most of his life to the woods. We have two very long hiking trails, one for each mountain range. And Russellville is smack dab in the middle of both of these trails. I have been spending as much time as I can exploring new areas. There are boats down here, but a small jon boat or beavertail stealth 2000 would be ideal for exploring our swamps in east Arkansas. Our swamp area is tagged "The Big Woods", but you can find more information if you search for Cache River area. Start reading and get ready to stay a while. Also cool to know that our swamps and mountains caused people to avoid Arkansas as a "frontier" state.

Ozark Highlands Trail, 165 miles long
    Ouachita Trail Guide, 223 miles long (starts in Oklahoma)

You getting a job as a Nuc Operator?
    I am bummed about the Saints this year.

3. May 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    dYL0n

dYL0n [OP] أنا لست الإسلامي

Member:
    First Name:
    Dyl0n
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    17TRDORDCSBQSJBLKBRO2SPECU1.04
    1.04. Kbro2s. ICONS.

Great response, PM sent :cool:

4. Apr 9, 2019 at 4:36 PM
    Ghett2003

Ghett2003 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glen
    Vehicle:
    03 Ext cab Prerunner
    Hey! I live in Clarksville too! Do you still drive a Tacoma?

5. May 13, 2019 at 6:41 AM
    CS_AR

CS_AR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma PreRunner TRD
    Everything but the driveshaft. B03A - 410
    Conway here. Just getting started restoring my 99 PreRunner. It might scare somebody if you heard it running today.

Products Discussed in

To Top