1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Possible to reset the airbag light?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Up2NoGood, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Jan 3, 2016 at 10:48 AM
    Up2NoGood

Up2NoGood [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jaimes
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DCLB
    Hey Guys,

So yesterday I pulled a bit of a bonehead move and backed into a stump. Not an exciting story but I was out in the bush getting turned around I didn't see the stump there that was high enough to make contact with the bumper.

After a couple of choice cuss words I got out and it wasn't that bad... A piece of plastic trim got smashed but initial inspection isn't showing anything else. The contact was enough to give a little jolt to the truck but nothing major.

Anyhow when I got back in the airbag light was on in my dash, the passenger seatbelt light is on (with or without a passenger and whether buckled up or not) and the passenger airbag light lights up but it does not light up the on or the off.

A quick search of the forums and I don't see how to reset this without a trip to the dealer. I tried disconnecting the battery for about half an hour this morning but it made no difference. Any suggestions (aside from drive better lol).

Pic of the plastic carnage! It was well below freezing so I'm not too shocked at the condition.
    image.jpg

2. Jan 3, 2016 at 11:09 AM
    Up2NoGood

Up2NoGood [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jaimes
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport DCLB
    Ok I was hoping there might be some reset sequence that could be done.

Like the updated avatar haha

3. Jan 4, 2016 at 7:21 AM
    DirtyD510

DirtyD510 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    Line X entire body DeMello Offroad front bumper
    Check to see if the passenger seatbelt is locked up. The pretensioner might have set. If you're not able to find a way besides going to a dealer, your next best option is removing the air bag module and sending it out to be reset for $50/$60. Google airbag code reset. I used the service once and their legitimate.

Products Discussed in

To Top