1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Potential accent Light mod.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by huff.jeremy, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Feb 17, 2010 at 4:01 AM

huff.jeremy [OP] Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    2010 MagGray SR5 Access Cab, 4x4, 2.7L, 5spd
    OME 884's, OME shocks, Wheelers 1.5" AAL, Light Racing UCA, Jason Fiberglass top, URD Short Shifter, Fog Lights
    I have been wanting to research and perform modification, but have been working 50-60 hours a week on the road... away from my taco. :(

I got the Idea from the rental vehicle I was given when my truck was in getting leather installed. The vehicle was a 2010 4runnner and it had an AWESOME accent light. Basically it was a blue LED that was mounted directly between the two map lights in the overhead console, and it gave a nice glow to all of the controls that would otherwise be in the dark (shifter, parking brake, 4wheel drive knob, etc...)

Curious, would the 10' 4runner overhead console or map lights be interchangeable with 10' Tacomas? If not, is there anyone savvy enough with electronics to recreate the same effect int he taco?
To Top