1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Potential New Owner, Audio Question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by seanmcsean, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Nov 27, 2006 at 6:48 PM
    seanmcsean

seanmcsean [OP] New Member

Member:
    Greetings all. Pending the sale of my '04 mazda 6, I will be buying a 99 tacoma (and later on a new mazda mx-5)

My questions are regarding audio. Has anyone used an MTX thunderform sub for the tacoma? I am curious as to how it may sound. I am also looking for advice regarding the front door speakers. The only ones I can see so far that fit the front doors are 5 1/4 shallow mounts, which means I'd more than likely go with an Infinity Kappa or if cost is an issue, a reference. Have any of you had success with another product? I'd like to know!

Thanks!

2. Nov 28, 2006 at 6:35 PM
    MapMasterG

MapMasterG Active Member

Member:
    I haven't heard of the thunderform for first gen tacomas, but I was considering it for my '06... until I saw what TW member 'Jesse' built from scratch. Check the links in the Audio forum for pics of his system and links to instructions for building custom enclosures. You might also want to send Jesse a private message...he knows his stuff.

3. Feb 12, 2017 at 7:37 AM
    757yotas

757yotas Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport
    ICI Magnum front bumer Rigid LED lighting OME lift 285/70 Nitto Exos 17" Fuel Hostage TRD Exhaust TonnauPro Cover Oil Catch Can Tint Pioneer Nav system Sound System LED lighting Euro headlights Paint
    I use a SSL 8" sub under the drivers seat and 6x8 Kicker CS soeakers in all doors. They fit fine other than needing to cut the factory plastic mounting fram alittle.

Products Discussed in

To Top