1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

power issues?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by m12taco85, Oct 13, 2009.

1. m12taco85

m12taco85 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tonee
    riverside
    Vehicle:
    '02 2.7 prerunner
    system
    hey guys this is my first thread so i'm sorry if i say or do something wrong just let me know.. but i have a '02 prerunner the 2.7l and it's really sluggish like NO TORQUE or anything and i was wondering if anyone else who has the same yr/model with the same issues

2. SLOH

SLOH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5, dc long bed speedway blue
    2.5 Icon c/o's and 3" AllPro rear suspension kit, 17" XD Series Addict w/ 285/70/R17 BFG KM2's, K&N 63 Series CAI, 12'' Rockford Fosgate sub and 500w amp, limo tint all around, cat back banks exhaust with no muffler or tip, shorty antenna, Kenwood DNX5120, blue dash light mod, "taco" 3rd brake light mod, blue dome-light mod, cb radio and 4' firestik antenna, blacked out hoodscoop(thanks randy), Total Chaos UCA's
    THIS WHOLE POST IS WRONG!!! haha just playing bud...sorry i can't help you, i have a 2nd gen, its kinda late, you'll probably get some answers by tomorrow

3. m12taco85

m12taco85 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tonee
    riverside
    Vehicle:
    '02 2.7 prerunner
    system
    ahahah thanks :)

4. scriber007

scriber007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Try using synthetic oil.

5. 08pretaco

08pretaco Almost there

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    AFE pro dry s, Husky X-act Contour
    try just cleaning your whole engine (internal) using like seafoam of whatever that crap is and changing all your oils: diffs, gear, engine with sythetics.

6. jab08

jab08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    02 T4R 4wd
    Does a full synthetic oil really help out that much over a conventional oil? I have been using Valvoline Max life synthetic blend with some lucas oil stabilizer. would going with a full syn. help out with the No Torque issue of the 3rz's?

7. testedone

testedone Speak English..it's America

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Weathertec Mats, Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, Pioneer GEX-P920XM (SAT), Pioneer Premier TS-D602P 6.2, Blaupunkt THb 200A Sub, Trimmed Mud Flaps, BF Goodrich AT/KO 285/70/17 ... Toytec Ultimate Lift, Tuffy Bed Box, A.R.E. Cover, Pop-n-Lock, TRD Exhaust
    No it does not, their just yanking yer chain man...at least I hope they are, to think syn oil is going to improve (seat of the pants improvement) is crazy :eek:

8. chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, lots of buttons, and yellow flashing lights on the dash.
    Depending on how much your wanting to spend, you can get an Header, cat back, and a supercharger for your 2.7

I recomend the North West Off Road Try "Y" header, a dynomax cat back, and an Alpine SC. Those will put you at more hp than the 3.4

9. 4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    No Truck
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Go drive a Ford 2.3 4cyl. for a couple blocks & trust me your 2.7 will feel like a rocket ! All B.S. aside how many miles ? Last tune up ? Alot of guys think a tune up is just changing plugs,maybe a filter. If its been awhile or you don't know when the last tune up was it would probably be to your advantage to spend the bucks & do it all, complete fluid change,plugs, fuel filter/air filter, have your emissions checked (although it would probably code on you if something wrong) set the valves (or check the settings at least) , maybe it would fix your sluggish motor (couldn't hurt)Good luck....:cool:

10. Andyd103

Andyd103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 4WD (3.4L V6)
    Suspension Lift, 40mm Turbo
    it could be an air filter or injector problem, i would get a new filter and injector cleaner for starters ( around 20 - 30$ for the filter and 4$ for the injector cleaner

To Top