1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power of Stock Deck

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by socko3161, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Jul 23, 2007 at 2:31 PM
    socko3161

socko3161 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does anyone happen to know the max output power of the stock deck??? I am looking to do some up grading of my speakers and possibly adding a sub, but was wondering if it would be smart to start out with a more powerful head unit... I looked in the owners manual and that was no help at all...

2. Jul 23, 2007 at 6:12 PM
    Tazzman

Tazzman Member

Member:
    Do the head unit first.. I was amazed at the sound differance just doing the head unit..
    I left the factory speakers and added a cheap bazooka tube and I am HAppy so far

3. Jul 23, 2007 at 6:27 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    i'm not out for any crazy perfect sound or anything, but i changed my head unit to my dvd/nav and it sounds fine. loud and sharp sounds out of the stock speakers. i may replace them later just to say i did...lol

4. Jul 23, 2007 at 7:51 PM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    You will definitely get better sound quality out of an aftermarket deck. I had a JVC before my Pioneer, and the quality difference over the OEM deck is remarkable. I have not done any other audio mods except the deck and an iPod adapter.

5. Aug 1, 2007 at 2:23 PM
    Lee's06Taco

Lee's06Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    Same here, I just replace the head unit w/Pioneer Avic-D3 and the stock speakers sounds great w/it.

6. Aug 4, 2007 at 10:17 AM
    socko3161

socko3161 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Is it a pain in the butt to do it yourself... If I change the head Unit... Will I still be able to use the steering wheel controlls???

7. Aug 14, 2008 at 8:09 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    It is not very hard. If you have never done it before, I'd reccomend ordering from www.crutchfield.com as they will send you some simple instructions and get you the correct wiring harness and trim adapter. Thier tech support is also very good, and is for the lifetime you own the product.

As for the adapter to use the steering wheel controls, it is available, but can be found cheaper from places other than crutchfield. It is like $70 from them and I purchased one through Amazon for $40. But again, you are paying for the support that crutchfield offers, which is still a deal IMO.

8. Aug 20, 2008 at 8:02 AM
    harshest

harshest I am the Sofa King

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Light On, Hidden Garage Door Opener, Scanguage II, Weathertech Liners, Cig lighter always on, Door buzzer removed from dash- Upcoming: 5100s for front and rear, set fronts to 2.5" and Toytec AALs.

Products Discussed in

To Top