1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power seat upgrade

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Tacotorque12, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Mar 1, 2017 at 1:31 PM
    Tacotorque12

Tacotorque12 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD sport
    Hi all. I'm new to the site and from Canada so some options on the Tacoma's up here may differ from the US models....I'm not sure. I just purchased a 2012 TRD sport and love it. Mine has a few options that most sports don't have because as the dealer explained, the original owner ordered special. Is. Limited slip differential and bilstien shocks.
    Ive already read the few threads on the power seat disappointment and have yet to see a thread where someone has actually completed the upgrade. I started this thread in the hopes that someone has finally done it but just didn't bother to post their success.
    I'm interested because my driver's seat has a large cigarette burn and in my exploration in trying to find a cheaper replacement skin, I found a complete leather interior for $400 (cad) from a smashed 2015 Tacoma limited. They have heat and power adjustment but mine are manual without heat. From what I read the 2015 Tacoma's did not come with power seats but to my surprise, these ones are.
    I'm hoping someone can tell me if the connections on my factory seats will plug into the 2015 seats and if it's going to be a giant headache to get power to them. I checked my panel and it is live for power at the outlet for The heated seats but no relay in the block. Some help would be appreciated
    Thanks

2. Mar 1, 2017 at 1:40 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    No second gen Tacoma has power seats. Also, Toyota doesn't do "special orders."

I'd do some more digging, dealer is not speaking truths.

Welcome to TW. :cheers:

Firebird likes this.
  3. Mar 1, 2017 at 1:42 PM
    Firebird

Firebird Notorious Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Lewisberry, PA
    Vehicle:
    1993 FZJ80
    All TRD Sport trucks come with Bilstein shocks & a factory LSD just FYI. There are different trim levels, but no special orders. I've not seen leather seats in any in the US, but it's certainly possible and I'm very open to correction.

4. Mar 1, 2017 at 2:51 PM
    Tacotorque12

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD sport
    The seats are from a private seller and still in the smashed Tacoma. It's from a classifieds add that I have been kin contact with but I haven't seen them in person yet. Maybe its a scammer so I'll be sure to go see them in person. Could it be something they just offered in Canada?

5. Mar 1, 2017 at 3:05 PM
    Tacotorque12

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD sport
    I think I'll have to check them out in person. The smashed Tacoma is only about 1.5hrs drive from here.
    As far as the Lsd and bilstien shocks, I was told those options only came on the TRD off road along with the taller ride height. The sport came with the hood scoop, lower and hood front wind deflector. Maybe I'm very ill informed

6. Mar 1, 2017 at 3:15 PM
    Tacotorque12

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD sport
    Canadian Tacomas started offering leather seats in 09
    http://media.toyota.ca/releases/2009-tacoma
    I also just searched for 2015 Tacoma's for sale in Canada and several dealership's are advertising limiteds with power drivers seat. Must just be Canadian options??? Maybe they know more women in Canada steel their man's trucks. Haha

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    T4RFTMFW and Firebird like this.
  7. Mar 1, 2017 at 4:55 PM
    Firebird

Firebird Notorious Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phoenix
    Lewisberry, PA
    Vehicle:
    1993 FZJ80
    Good to know!

Nah, the TRD Off Road comes with Bilstein shocks that are valved differently than the TRD Sport Bilsteins. The Off Road has the e-locker in the rear differential while the Sport has the LSD. There are some other differences like the hood with the aesthetic scoop and color matched bumpers (and fenders? maybe mirrors too?). The wind deflector was just a simple add-on like the roof rack was for the double cab trucks.

Products Discussed in

To Top