1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Powered Rear Window for 2nd Gens

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DocinaBox, May 22, 2015.

1. May 22, 2015 at 11:51 AM
    DocinaBox

DocinaBox [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Louisville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport Debadged
    I really hope this has not been posted already, however, I am trying to figure out a way to install a power DOWNWARD sliding rear glass. Think of the way 4-Runners and Tundra's rear glass slide down. This is going to apparently be a completely custom ob. Any thoughts?

2. May 27, 2015 at 7:28 AM
    Bloom

Bloom Well-Known Member

Member:
    NASCAR, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 BR DC TRD OR
    OME 885+Dakars, WeatherTech mats, EGR In Channel, PopNLock, Access LE, 3M tint and clear film paint protection, Sport grille, Amsoil, Zaino once in a while.
    This is on my wish list as well. Another example to check out is the Ford Explorer Sport Trac's rear window.

I was in traffic stuck at a light on my way home, after having a new, full ARB suspension put on my truck, and sitting behind and in the lane next to a Ford Sport Trac when the driver rolled the back window down a bit.

I immediately forgot about my new suspension and started jonesing on that powered roll down back window. Nice job, Ford!!! WTF, Toyota?!?

I'd really like to have that option on my truck. Fortunately, Tacomas are made for customizing I've seen enough episodes of Overhaulin' to know there's gotta be a way to make it happen.

Products Discussed in

To Top