1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PowerTrays - Mounting Platforms for Electrical Accessories and More!

Discussion in 'PowerTrays' started by Mr.PowerTrays, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Feb 17, 2019 at 10:42 AM
    ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DW
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    ‘18 DC TRD OR LWB Super White II
    Finally got it installed! So a few pointers to those that are looking to add a Power Tray to their truck.

I assembled the components, i.e, 6 circuit Blue Sea aux fuse panel and the Blue Sea circuit breaker, prior to installing. I did that so I could put a small drip of locktite on the bolts. I also measured, and measured again, the heavy hots and ground so I could wrap and shrink wrap without having to do it under the hood, glad I did. I also left enough of the light bar harness and relay wiring that I could pull the three tray bolts and have some play in the wiring to lift out of the way if needed. The two fender bolts and the brace bolt are tight spots, just have to be patient and take your time.

So I choose the 6 circuit Blue Sea cause I’m not adding a bunch of extras to my truck and the bolt holes for that aligned width wise. I left the upper two holes exposed and drilled another hole centered to those to mount my relay under the tray. Cleaned up pretty nice and although this wasn’t a cheap project I’m pretty happy how it all turned out.

8FF00BDC-9AB4-481D-8F8C-820D7A3129E2.jpg

mcharfauros likes this.
  2. Feb 18, 2019 at 7:12 PM
    Mike O

Mike O Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR MGM Access Premium LB
    Mobtown Sliders, SSO Slimline bumper w/Baja light bar, Baja Amber Sport fogs, Sumo bump stops
    A quick question for the experts here. I'm thinking of using an ML-RBS in place of the ML-ACR in a single battery set-up as a power cut-off for the winch. Installed on the Off-Grid battery tray.

Neither unit seems to be rated for under-the-hood operating temperatures. Has anyone with the ML-ACR ever experienced any sort of failure of either? Including a failure that might be attributed to heat?

Thanks!

P.S. I've never read of a problem and therefore don't anticipate any. Additionally as a simple power switch compared to what you guys are doing with the ML-ACR seems like a total "non-problem". But thought I would ask since I'll be integrated with Power Tray, Switch Pro, winch, etc. Everything except a second battery.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  3. Feb 22, 2019 at 6:12 AM
    Ruminator

Ruminator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Northern Illinois, USA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Red TRD-Sport, ACLB, 6MT!
    Dammit. :spending:

4. Feb 23, 2019 at 2:38 PM
    Col4bin

Col4bin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR Double Cab
    im curious if I purchased a blank tray, would a twin ARB compressor fit there? My plan was for the top of the fuse box, but this looks nice if it would work!

5. Feb 25, 2019 at 12:37 PM
    pop.tremuloides

pop.tremuloides Wheeling, Fly Fishing, Camping!

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR DCSB
    DBACK HD, DMM, lights
    Awesome thread for mounting just about any power source/accessories!

Maverick....if you get the chance, I have a few questions for you.

Pop!

Going with Spro and buss but have questions on custom power.

6. Feb 27, 2019 at 9:38 AM
    Ruminator

Ruminator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Northern Illinois, USA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Red TRD-Sport, ACLB, 6MT!
    Got my RTMR tray yesterday. Looks great. I was impressed with how professionally Maverick runs his business.

Looks like I'm one of the few people that didn't want to go with the SwitchPro or Spod (give me good ol' switches and relays any day), so if anyone has some pics of their RTMR install I'd love to see them. It'll be a few weeks before I get seriously into this. Need for it to warm up a bit and quit raining/snowing/sleeting/whatever else. In the mean time, I'm going to be looking into powder coating or anodizing.

Who is the tall, dark stranger there?
    Maverick is the name.
    Ridin' the trail to who knows where,
    Luck is his companion,
    Gamblin' is his game...

Products Discussed in

To Top