1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PowerTrays - Mounting Platforms for Electrical Accessories and More!

Discussion in 'PowerTrays' started by Mr.PowerTrays, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Aug 31, 2020 at 10:24 AM
    714reyesj

714reyesj Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-Road 4x4
    I meant to cut inside Rectangle. DOPE!
    62034863086__3F46BF47-4DE9-46F6-959B-6588F7847B8B.jpg
    62034869249__8CF751C5-D075-4BF7-B83C-B24A738DB858.jpg

Mr.PowerTrays[OP] and Gunshot-6A like this.
  2. Aug 31, 2020 at 10:29 AM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad

3. Aug 31, 2020 at 4:14 PM
    Mr.PowerTrays

Mr.PowerTrays [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 dcsb trd or
    Oh nooo! Good thing that it’s a cheap part!

4. Sep 2, 2020 at 8:07 PM
    CenCal805

CenCal805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    California
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD OR AC
    So, I typically don't (read that as never) leave reviews. I also don't do any form of social media and never will cause I think it's sorta lame, but I understand it's a necessity for some for marketing purposes and other reasons (not judging anyone) which is why I can't leave a review on one of those platforms. I do have a tremendous amount of respect for the members here and have received so much from this community, so I wanted to share this.

Over 2 years ago I ordered parts from Mitch @ Adventure Wired in San Diego (SPod, PowerTray, and some other stuff) to install in my taco. Life got in the way and I never had it installed and couldn't make it down to San Diego from the central coast to have the work done. This week I finally dug into the parts Mitch sent me to have it installed locally since life was busy. Super cool of Mitch to do that since he wasn't going to be making really any money off of me but that's not the point.

I realized he ordered the wrong PowerTray for my truck. I went online found the phone # for PowerTrays, called and Maverick @Mr.PowerTrays picked up immediately. I explained to him what happened and that it was well over 2 years ago. He didn't hesitate. I didn't get any hassle or questioning. He immediately said he would exchange it for no cost and that all he really cared about was that I ended up with the right parts for my build and got the best system in place. He even went out of his way to tell me about a tray that would fit my needs better and sent pics of it right then. He went to work processing a new order and had a shipping label out to me within the hour. Two items needed to be shipped: mine going back to him and the new one coming to me. He split the shipping with me, he ate the cost of his shipping to me and for less than $10 I now have the correct tray headed my way. He sent it out within 24 hours.

Probably the best customer experiences I've ever had and in talking with Maverick you can genuinely tell that he loves this industry, the people in the offroading/overlanding community and not only producing a quality product but providing the best customer service one could ask for. Not bagging on the other manufactures, but I've ordered thousands of dollars from other vendors/tuners and for the most part the customer service has been okay at best. The bar has now been set and at the risk of sounding like more of a fanboy I really think Maverick deserves a shout out for his product and service. Thanks a lot, man!

Here was his email to me after making no money off me again which he very easily could have:

I just wanted to take a second to reach out and thank you for supporting my business. It brings me so much pleasure to be a part of such a dedicated and vibrant group of individuals, who see the value in getting off the beaten path and want to experience everything the world has to offer. If you have any questions or if there is anything else I can help you with, please reach out to me without hesitation.

Thank you again.

Cheers,
    Maverick Bain
    Owner, PowerTrays LLC

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  5. Sep 2, 2020 at 8:40 PM
    Adoan

Adoan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Is there a power trays setup that will fit with a dual arb already mounted on the driver side?

6. Sep 2, 2020 at 8:55 PM
    Mr.PowerTrays

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 dcsb trd or
    Wow thanks for that man! I am seriously humbled that you would take the time to post such a great compliment :cheers:
    I can't even imagine how awkward it would be knowing you have to call a company for a product that was purchased over two years ago and you don't even have an invoice number for it lol. I had a lot of respect that you were completely honest and you weren't even asking for anything. for me it all comes down to authenticity. Haha I'm pretty sure I cut you off midsentence and said something along the lines of "let's get you swapped out for what you need. but for every good review there're are also bad experiences... I've been building the PowerTrays out of my garage for the past 4 years all while going to college full time as well. It's my first venture into the business world and over that time I've made a lot of great connections but also A LOT of mistakes. I hate to admit but its only one man behind the Ecommerce curtain and when times are busy my customer relations has suffered too. There are probably over a hundred emails I've gotten and haven't had the mental bandwidth to respond to at the time and if there's any members out there reading now I hope you can accept my apology for that. Anyways I'm rambling now (Learn how to take a complement dude :crazy:)

Thanks again Ryan Its posts like this that keep me going :proposetoast:

7. Sep 2, 2020 at 9:00 PM
    Mr.PowerTrays

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 dcsb trd or
    Possibly Im making some universal mounts that will mount on top of the OEM fuse block cover. Do you have the dual compressor mounted? If so id love to see some overhead pics to see the allowable space left over.

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  8. Sep 3, 2020 at 12:26 AM
    Adoan

Adoan Well-Known Member

Member:
    here you go. this is the current switch pros setup that was done by a local shop last week.

D843A414-E820-480E-93B3-619FFBF878C8.jpg

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  9. Sep 3, 2020 at 7:31 AM
    BEAR_KNIFE_FIGHT

BEAR_KNIFE_FIGHT bearly famous

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR 4X4 DCSB Slowsand, 2017 WRX WRB
    Is there any way to modify my "gen 1" switch-pro mount for the new (vertical) style mount? I have the combination switch-pro and bluesea one...my guess is no, but I figured I'd see if there was an adapter kit or something.

My 8100 is on the fritz and I'd rather switch to a vertical system if I can when I have to replace it.

10. Sep 3, 2020 at 3:04 PM
    Mr.PowerTrays

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 dcsb trd or
    Technically its possible if you've got a steady hand. I created an overlap to show the changes from the original to the new vertical version.
    SP to SPV Changes.jpg

11. Sep 3, 2020 at 3:09 PM
    Mr.PowerTrays

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 dcsb trd or
    gotcha yeah that pretty much uses all the space unless you can relocate that air manifold setup...? Curious though, are you still able to remove the OEM fuse box lid?

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  12. Sep 3, 2020 at 3:35 PM
    BEAR_KNIFE_FIGHT

BEAR_KNIFE_FIGHT bearly famous

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR 4X4 DCSB Slowsand, 2017 WRX WRB
    Excellent, I'll see what I can hack up.

13. Sep 3, 2020 at 4:23 PM
    Mr.PowerTrays

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 dcsb trd or
    sub'd for the carnage :sawzall:

14. Sep 3, 2020 at 6:51 PM
    Adoan

Adoan Well-Known Member

Member:

Need to remove the compressor to access the fuses.

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  15. Sep 4, 2020 at 1:39 PM
    Mr.PowerTrays

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 dcsb trd or
    Labor day sale is live!
    Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 11.39.38 AM.jpg

sfcacique and Gunshot-6A like this.
  16. Sep 4, 2020 at 1:53 PM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    There are kits that you could move the air compressor to the passenger side.

Alternatively, you could get creative. The passenger side (at least in the second gen) has the same threaded fender holes as the driver side. You could mount a powertray upside down on the passenger side and it would give you the same orientation of the mounting holes, just on the other side of the engine. Then grab a piece of flat stock aluminum and make a leg that runs from the tray to something for support. I think the 3rd gens still have that weird Y shaped bracket with the threaded studs right?

You'd have to source longer cables, but you'll never guess who sells those to order as well :D

sfcacique likes this.
  17. Sep 4, 2020 at 1:55 PM
    Mr.PowerTrays

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 dcsb trd or
    Yeah at least on the TRD off-road/TRD pro models. The sports have that ABS module that occupy the space but you could retrofit the power tray to fit over top of that.

Gunshot-6A[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Sep 4, 2020 at 1:58 PM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    Point is: there's options if you get creative.

Also, 3 years in and I still love my setup and get questions about it. Keep up the great work @Mr.PowerTrays

19. Sep 4, 2020 at 2:07 PM
    Mr.PowerTrays

Member:
    First Name:
    Maverick
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 dcsb trd or
    Heck yeah thanks man! I love showing it off to but I may be a little bias :rofl:

Gunshot-6A[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Sep 4, 2020 at 2:23 PM
    Eze1139

Eze1139 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Reno NV
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement TRD OR DCLB
    @Mr.PowerTrays any possibility you have done a double breaker disconnect along with a small 6 block fuse tray for a 3rd gen tacoma? Would like to power a few things under the hood and then from another disconnect run a larger wire back to another fuse block in the bed. Keeps the circuits seperate if I need to work under the hood and want to keep the bed power on.

I have your 12 block setup with the harness in the shopping cart now but was wondering what it would take to modify a blank tray instead? Thoughts?

To Top