1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Prayer for my Marriage

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by NwiTACO, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Mar 24, 2015 at 6:30 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    So sorry to hear this is ongoing Mark. I've told you some of my own past issues and I know that you just simply want what is best for your entire family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family my friend.
    If you ever need a sounding board just give me a call anytime.

Jeffvt0508 likes this.
  2. Mar 24, 2015 at 6:53 PM
    tacomathom

tacomathom Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    It's not new, it's not Mexico
    I don't believe in God, so I don't believe in prayer.
    I do believe there comes a time to hire a attorney specializing in family law. To protect yourself. To protect your finical assets. To protect your parental rights.
    I don't know if this marriage is over, but from what you've posted, she thinks it is.
    I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

bongwhisperer likes this.
  3. Mar 24, 2015 at 6:56 PM
    LocknLoad

LocknLoad Well-Known Member

Member:
    near the Cherohala Skyway, TN
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Off-Road 4x4
    Communication is critical - best of luck to you both, I'll add you to my prayers

4. Mar 24, 2015 at 7:14 PM
    OKJC

OKJC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    NWArkansas
    Vehicle:
    '10 SC 4x4 TRD Sport
    Unfortunate that you guys are finding yourselves in this scenario, especially with a daughter. I'm not really the praying type, nor am I marriage expert (first anniversary coming up) but I agree that understanding "love languages" helps tremendously in communication. I hope you guys can make things work out for the best.

Loving her and her knowing you love her are two different beasts. Same goes for her loving you and you knowing it to be true. It sounds like your faith is very important to you, and you want that to be the focus. Should you discover having God be the center of your relationship doesn't work out for you, maybe try focusing on the wordly aspects...I know it sounds weird but at the end of the day it's the wordly aspects that can and will ruin a marriage. From that point, refocus things around your faith.

5. Mar 24, 2015 at 7:32 PM
    TACORIDER

TACORIDER Just another statistic

Member:
    First Name:
    JAKE
    EAST TAWAKONI TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    12 TACO and some other Toyota’s
    Mark hate to hear this is the case, it's ultimately your decision but I know you will do what is best for your daughter if it means yall have to be apart. I do not wish this is the case but everything happens for a reason whether you understand now or not. I really wish you the best of luck in what the best outcome should be.

6. Mar 24, 2015 at 7:41 PM
    Chopper678

Chopper678 Professional Threadjacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 PreRunner V6 DCSB
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    Did you see the update?

7. Mar 24, 2015 at 7:43 PM
    Loco38SUP

Loco38SUP Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab SR5 4X4
    Loud as hell URD exhaust!
    Still praying for you bud. God knows Ive been through some ups and downs myself over the last 15 years. From what I can remember during first few years after child birth mine went wacky too. Im not sure if it was due to a hormonal imbalance or what but man was it rough. Sometimes its depression and medical intervention is required. Good luck.

RJM

8. Mar 24, 2015 at 8:17 PM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    Reads like he did to me.

9. Mar 24, 2015 at 8:23 PM
    Flowin

Flowin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Acworth, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD OFF ROAD
    OME 3" lift, 265/75/16 KO2s, 35% tint
    I got married because I wanted to support my (now) ex-wife and be there for her, she got married because of selfish reasons and benefits she had out of the marriage...I was always very successful with what I did and after all she was holding me back and was blaming me for her not being happy :notsure: when she requested to get a divorce I made that happen too, like I made everything happen before...she turned really bitter towards the things she enjoyed before and in the end I'm more than happy that we are going separate ways!
    My now girlfriend and I support each other and are there for each other - this one-sided BS drains you and you can't make her do the right thing, people have to make mistakes, some just need to learn the hard way.
    I know that I'm in a much better place now, and happy with how everything turned out in the end.

10. Mar 24, 2015 at 8:28 PM
    taco 2011

taco 2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5
    Westin Bull guard,predator nerf bars, Window Tint Legal limit, Weather tech Floor mats, Weather tech smoke visors, Wet Okole seat covers, OEM Roof Racks, Reverse Camera, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit Cover,Dyno power locking tailgate Trd alloy wheels, Dunlop at tires JL Stealthbox, JL custom fit molding kit, Directed Audio 500 watt amp, LCI adaptor. More mods to come.
    I hope yall make it op, but you have to do what ever is right for the kids. Picking up your daughter from the Wal-mart parking lot is rough. I have been in this type of situation from a kids standpoint and it can be life changing. I am glad you are doing everything you can ,but please keep the child in needs first. Hope this year or next can be the one for you and your wife.

11. Mar 25, 2015 at 8:05 AM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO [OP] Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    Thanks to everyone for the prayer, suggestions and support. I knew I could count on you guys.

12. Mar 25, 2015 at 3:23 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    I'll pray for you and your family Mark.

I apologize in advance as I don't want this to come across as insensitive or harsh. Having watched this thread for as long as it's been on TW, I want to put in my 2 cents. I hope you don't spend too much of what life you have in a state of limbo. Kids excluded (sometimes), ending a bad relationship can end up making a better and happier life for all. Knowing that time is the problem. Again, I will pray for you and please accept my note in the wat it's intended.

13. Mar 26, 2015 at 1:29 AM
    Chopper678

Chopper678 Professional Threadjacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 SR5 PreRunner V6 DCSB
    5100s@0.85"+Eibachs, Toytec 2" AAL, Weathertech floor liners, WO seat covers, UltraGauge, ammo box mod
    If she moved back in and is working on the relationship I would not say she thinks the marriage is over.

Still praying for you OP

14. Jun 10, 2015 at 3:43 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    How's it going Mark? Been thinking about you the past few days and wanted to check in and see if there was anything you needed?

doyouevenprerun likes this.
  15. Jun 10, 2015 at 4:57 PM
    USMCwife

USMCwife Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast Girl
    I love my heavenly Father and I know He loves me. He already loves you both and all the hard work you have already put into your marriage. Maybe you just need a little bit more knowledge, the kind that only He can provide. Please read this.

http://www.familylife.com/weekendtoremember2015/about/reviews

I came from a good home and have loving parents. If I don’t think and just listen to my emotions I am a prissy, high maintenance, drama queen. In two days at this conference I learned more about myself and what it takes to be a supportive and loving woman than I had learned in all the years prior. My husband says the conference and what he learned from it had a similar impact on him. Please just read the reviews and image what was in the hearts of the people who wrote them before they attended the conference. Please consider going.

He loves you and your wife and He wants you to be happy, together.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  16. Jun 10, 2015 at 5:22 PM
    TheGrayRider

TheGrayRider MARANATHA !!!

Member:
    NW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2017 BBP DC 4X4 OR
    Praying that the Lord will continue to bless your family. IMHO Pride breaks up a lot of relationships... My first marriage included. Jesus is #1, closely followed by family. The family that prays together, stays together. A marriage is a bond between the man and the woman. Whatever is breaking that bond needs to be put on hold or removed from the situation. Jesus loves us despite our faults... We should also love our spouses the same. Listening is hard for most men and listening without getting our feelings hurt is very difficult... There's that PRIDE again !!!

May the Lord bless you and keep you, may He make his face to shine upon you, may He grant you His wisdom and give you His peace. Amen

17. Jun 13, 2015 at 6:18 AM
    USMCwife

USMCwife Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast Girl
    Not to be nosey but I wish he would come back on to say that his marriage is okay.

18. Jun 13, 2015 at 6:52 AM
    TunTavernTactical

TunTavernTactical Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sgt B
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Sport 4x4
    Mark, I am praying for you and your relationship. I had a truly rough patch in mine as well. Prayer helps a lot. I took this advise from a friend: When you (and your Wife) brought a child into this world, both of your needs take a back seat at least until the kid(s) reaches 18 years. My youngest was two. (now 12).

Learn the love languages of your bride, http://www.5lovelanguages.com/resources/free-study-guides/

Also check out Marriage builders- they have great help. A great metaphor to picture status of love, is the love bank ( http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi3200_love.html )Right now your account is overdrawn, so you cannot afford to withdrawal any funds... Deposits are required.

I had to change my expectations as we moved forward. So did she. I think most couples have unrealistic expectations of a marriage relationship, and of other hugely flawed human beings..

Scamper and USMCwife like this.
  19. Jun 24, 2015 at 1:51 PM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO [OP] Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    Thanks for all the prayers guys, they are sooooo appreciated. I am sorry I haven't been around, I was out of the country a while for work. We are still working on things, I wish they were better than they currently are, but am thankful everyday that we are still together and trying.

20. Jun 24, 2015 at 3:06 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    You got it Mark, happy to do that. For something that takes no time at all it can make all the difference in the world.

USMCwife likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top