1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pre runner Question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by saweetlou, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Jan 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    saweetlou

saweetlou [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph Ontario
    Vehicle:
    TRD Dbl cab long bed
    3in spacer
    If a Pre-runner has a locking diff, One would have to assume that its the same as the TRD or 4runners locking diffs and only work 5kms or under right.
    So I thought to myself if I had that what would be the point, you would have to do the grey wire mod. We just had some snow fall here in the Toronto are and I tell you if I didnt 4x4 I wouldnt be going any where fast. I thought about it yesterday while sitting in traffic going up a slight hill, people in rear wheel drives were all over the place, so even with the diff locked and limited to 5kms where are you going to go, It just make me wonder.

2. Jan 13, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    YouNext

YouNext General Calamari

Member:
    San Diego
    K&N FIPK, Gibson Exhaust, Doug Thorley Headers, URD pulley, Stoptech Cryo-treated Slotted Rotors, Deaver J59, Bilstein 5150s, Total Chaos LT (w/Spindle & Tower Gussets), Icon LT C/Os.
    No, one would not HAVE to assume, altho assuming what you want to assume is probably the most logical choice.

Just answering your question. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top