1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Premier DEH-P510UB

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by cbcs1987, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Jul 26, 2009 at 11:09 AM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
  2. Jul 26, 2009 at 11:13 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    i really like pioneer products but i would recommend putting in a double din Head unit in as they look quite a bit better in our trucks than the single din ones

3. Jul 26, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I also would prefer having a DD unit, however sometimes the situation calls for a single din unit. The above unit is nice. It is the newer Premier version of the unit I have. It works fine. The sound quality is good and the add on items are cool. I have HD radio (came as a packaged deal) and it is pretty cool. I can tell a difference in the SQ.

My biggest complaint, and I hope they have fixed it, is how easy it is to reset all of your radio stations and how big of a PITA it is to redo them.

4. Jul 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    btacoma

btacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 trd offroad
    Pro grille Raptor lights Interior mods
    its a nice head unit. i would go with a double din as well. im looking into the pioneer AVIC-X910BT. looks bad ass for 800.00 bucks

5. Jul 27, 2009 at 4:00 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Pioneers are great and that new one is sharp looking, but I prefer Alpine CD units. The cd player in an Alpine has a higher signal to noise ratio at about 105db compared to the Pioneers which are about 92 db. I'm going by memory so I maybe off a little on the exact numbers, but my point is that you get better CD sound quality from the Alpine. I believe Kenwoods are also now rated at 105db also, but I haven't owned a Kenwood in awhile so I have no personal experience with them.

Reliability wise I would absolutely trust a Pioneer. I put one in my daughter's 1994 Corolla in 2005 ($99.00 special) and it has been flawless.

JMO

6. Jul 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM
    cbcs1987

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    Yeah I've had alpines and pioneers and love them both. I think I'll probably end up going with the 510ub but I do appreciate everybodies input.

As for componet speakers what would yall suggest. $200 is the absolute cutoff. I'm not a audio-addict so I dont need something to blow me away, simply cleaner than stock. Thanks again for the input guys!

7. Jul 27, 2009 at 5:02 PM
    sooner07

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    In my opinion, for $200 I'd be looking at Infinity Reference or Kappa.
    Such as these: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13969_Infinity+Kappa+60.9cs.html

Or the 6030's that are a bit less expensive. I live the way the Infinities sound for the money. However, what ever you do, go to shops and electronics stores and listen to the speakers before you buy them. Try and make them as equal as possible by turning off subwoofers and any sort of eq settings on the decks. If possible, bring your own CD and use the same HU models in each location (preferably the same HU model that you plan on buying). Decide what you want to buy that way. You can then go online and see if you can get a better price.

8. Jul 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM
    cbcs1987

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    I've had a set of infinities before and they put out absolutely 0 bass. It could be the way the place i bought them from tuned it though. Do yours sound good as far as bass goes?

9. Jul 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Awesome speakers, but if you run the Kappas, you really should get an amp to drive them. The reference series are a better choice with just a head unit, because they do not require as much power to drive them. Good advice about listening to them first. Everybody's ear is different.

10. Jul 29, 2009 at 2:33 PM
    sooner07

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    They really benifit from a sealed up door. They were a bit lacking in that deeper mid bass until they were better closed up. I do not have them now (they are in my Acura that I gave to my mother). I am currently running some Pioneer Premier 720PRS or something like that. When I get home, I'll post up pics. I really like them a lot, but they too would most likely benifit from a better sealed door. Just haven't gotten around to Raammatting my truck. No $$$ :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top