1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UPDATE 12/27/23: Gentex Homelink Mirrors w/Blue Compass & Backlit Buttons for 2016-2023 Tacoma

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2016-2023)' started by RJP869, May 23, 2018.

1. May 23, 2018 at 8:24 AM
    RJP869

RJP869 [OP] Owner of Bob's Automotive Mirrors & More LLC

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    I don't have a Tacoma, but lots of mirrors!
    Hi Everyone,

Update 12/27/23 - Yep the mirrors are still available!! :) And for you 2020 thru 2023 model year Tacoma owners...be sure to read the important note in red below.

We still have the blue compass / blue backlit button Homelink® V4 mirrors available for the 2016-2023 Tacoma's FOR $159...AND...we also have the **BRAND NEW** Gentex mirrors with blue compass, blue backlit buttons & Homelink® V5 available!!!! See below for pix & info on the two styles of mirrors.

We now have THREE options for your 2016-2023 Tacoma! If you're looking for a BRAND NEW mirror with blue compass display & blue backlit Homelink® buttons & Homelink® version 5 - identical to the factory optional one offered by Toyota - we now have them available once again, and your price on these is $309 including shipping. Being that these are brand new mirrors, they come with a 3 year warranty. We also have nice used V5 mirrors...cost on these is $219.

And we are still offering our very popular lower cost option too. These are OEM Toyota mirrors (made by Gentex, the largest supplier to the carmakers) with Homelink® V4, blue compass & blue backlit buttons. These are used but in excellent shape, and we warranty them for 1 year. Availability used to be an issue, but we seem to be getting a steady supply of them. Which means no more waiting list, and we are able to drop the price a bit too. Availability of nice used mirrors is getting better so we were able to drop the price even further. These have two notable differences versus the GENK45AMB5 - the mirrors have Homelink® version 4 instead of Homelink® version 5, and the mirrors do not have the garage door status indicator. What does this mean? Really not much! HL5 is just an extension of HL4, adding the garage door status indicator feature (in order for this feature to be functional, your opener needs to be new enough and have this feature too). We tested some brand new garage door openers with both HL4 and HL5 mirrors and found no issues with either version of Homelink®. Also the newer versions of Homelink® will also work with older openers, as all newer versions are backward-compatible with older versions.

For 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 Tacoma's equipped with the factory auto dim or compass auto dim mirror that has the 12 pin plug on back, both of these Homelink® mirrors are completely plug and play. These should also work on the 2020-2023 trucks, but scroll down a bit to see the important notice regarding a wiring issue that affects many 2020-2023 trucks. These will also work on the trucks equipped with the optional safety systems! Otherwise if your truck has the plain mirror, a regular wiring harness will be needed as you'll need to wire in the mirror on those trucks as Toyota is no longer pre-wiring for them from the factory (wiring harness is $25 including shipping). The mirror wiring is available in a connector in the A pillar so if you have to wire yours in, we can include some info on where to find the wiring so you shouldn't have to hunt around the bottom of the dash.

We have numerous other options for mirrors, not only for the 2016-2023 Tacoma's, but for the Gen 1 and Gen 2 trucks, as well as other Toyota vehicles and many, many other vehicles!

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING 2020 thru 2023 MODEL YEAR TRUCKS : Many 2020-2023 Tacoma's do not have power to the constant hot wire in the mirror plug (this is the wire on the bottom row of the connector). Even though the wiring is there, it's dead. This is actually not something new...Toyota pulled the same shenanigans with the Camry a few years back & put the wiring in place, only to find out the wire is dead.

So for anyone with a 2020-2023 Tacoma who is wanting to purchase one of our Homelink mirrors, please check for constant power across the wire in the bottom row of the connector and the fourth wire from the left in the top row of the connector. If you get nothing showing up on the voltmeter, then that means your truck has the dead wire. In that case, we can supply you with an adapter harness (we will offer these at a discount for $20 when purchased with the mirror) that would plug inline between the existing mirror wiring and the Homelink mirror, sending ignition power to the mirror and to the Homelink buttons. In this case, Homelink will then only work with the ignition on. This adapter is also an option for 2016-2019 Tacoma's in the event you want Homelink to only operate when the ignition is on.

Please email me directly if you're interested in either one - info@bobsmirrors.com (email is the best way to get ahold of me as I am not able to be on the forum as much as I'd like to be).

Thank you & have a blessed day!!
    Bob Prim
    Bob's Automotive Mirrors & More LLC
    www.bobsmirrors.com <---At long last, our new site is finally live! Please check it out when you have a moment & you can also set up an account to be made aware of specials, discounts & new product announcements (please be assured we will not spam you or sell your information to anyone – ever!).
    http://stores.ebay.com/BobsAutomotiveMirrorsAndMore (you can see what we have available in our ebay store, but don't purchase there...instead, email me directly...much better pricing that way!!) <---Like us!
    twitter.com/Bobs_Mirrors <---Follow us!
    GENK45AMB5-A.jpg 2015-2016 TOYOTA HOMELINK BLUE COMP BLUE BKLIT BUTTON 2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    PzTank, WHIT4K3R, CaptAmerica and 9 others like this.
  2. May 23, 2018 at 9:28 AM
    Beerpayzdabillz

Beerpayzdabillz Pastryatarian

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB 4x4 sport
    I purchased my mirror from you two years ago. could not be happier! Thanks Bob.

3. May 23, 2018 at 9:32 AM
    360joules

360joules FWC Stalker

Member:
    First Name:
    Troy
    Portland Oregon
    Vehicle:
    SOLD
    I live in an apartment building with an access gate. Is there a way to tell on the gate itself if it is compatible?

4. May 23, 2018 at 9:51 AM
    RJP869

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Most gate openers are going to be compatible, as they operate on the same principle as garage door openers, just using different mechanisms. However, most likely you'll need to get with the facility manager in order to program the mirror to open the gate. If it functions like garage door openers, if it's older, you only need access to a handheld remote to program a button on the mirror but if the gate opener is newer, it's also going to require someone to press the "learn" button on the gate opener as part of the mirror programming process as newer openers have that higher level of security built-in. There's also a lot of good info at http://www.homelink.com/faqs that might be of help to you.

5. May 23, 2018 at 9:52 AM
    RJP869

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    You're very welcome! And thank you for the kind words & buying a mirror! :)

6. Oct 16, 2018 at 12:02 PM
    Saiji Satoh

Saiji Satoh Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Saiji
    Gainesville Florida
    I got my Gentex HomeLink mirror from Bob, work perfectly and great used quality. Thanks Bob!

7. Oct 16, 2018 at 3:27 PM
    RJP869

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Awesome, glad to hear you're happy with the mirror! Thank you so much again for buying it - I greatly appreciate it!

8. Nov 20, 2018 at 8:20 AM
    deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement OR DCSB V6 6MT 4x4 Prem+AdvTech+LED
    My 2019 doesn't have the compass in the rearview mirror (they have the compass in the dash multi-display now). Is the v5 still compatible?

9. Nov 20, 2018 at 12:10 PM
    RJP869

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Yes it will still work, all though you'll now have compass in the mirror too. Though there are some V5 Homelink mirrors without compass display, currently there aren't any that have the 12 pin connector in the housing, so for the non-compass mirrors, an adapter harness will be required.

10. Nov 20, 2018 at 1:34 PM
    Trail Limo

Trail Limo Well-Known Member

Member:
    @RJP869 I just got a reject from your email in the first post. Is the address correct?

11. Nov 20, 2018 at 2:49 PM
    RJP869

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Yup, the email address is correct...been getting a lot of emails today & I just tried sending myself one and it went thru without issue. Either try again, or use the contact form on our website: http://www.bobsmirrors.com/contact/

12. Nov 20, 2018 at 8:13 PM
    Schackai38

Schackai38 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Do you have the gentex frame less mirrors with blue back lit @RJP869? I have one but with the standard green color and would love to get my hands on a blue one.

Thanks

13. Nov 20, 2018 at 9:30 PM
    _gray_knight_

_gray_knight_ Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '18 Mall Crawler
    Just washed
  14. Nov 20, 2018 at 9:31 PM
    _gray_knight_

_gray_knight_ Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '18 Mall Crawler
    Just washed
    Just sent you an email about the V5 @RJP869

15. Nov 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM
    RJP869

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    I have not seen any of the frameless with blue display as of yet. Currently the only two that I'm aware of are the green ones that most carmakers are using, as well as the Mito kits with the GENK85A mirrors, and the ones with red display that Subaru uses.

16. Nov 21, 2018 at 4:59 PM
    travisw87

travisw87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    The Sandy Taco
    Hopes and dreams
    I have the standard mirror with compass in my 2017 TRD OffRoad... are these plug-n-play?

[​IMG]

17. Nov 21, 2018 at 5:22 PM
    RJP869

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Yes, they are plug and play. Just unplug and remove your truck’s original mirror, plug in and install the homelink mirror, calibrate the compass and program the homelink buttons and you’re all set to go in a matter of minutes.

18. Nov 21, 2018 at 5:38 PM
    travisw87

travisw87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    The Sandy Taco
    Hopes and dreams
    awesome thanks!

19. Dec 11, 2018 at 6:19 AM
    msp2640

msp2640 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Plymouth MA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Just wanted to post here as I emailed RJP869 directly last week and purchased the bottom style mirror in the first post on this thread. This was to upgrade the original mirror from my 2018 TRD OR model. The blue lighted buttons matched the rest of the factory Toyota buttons and I now have the ability to control all 3 of the garage doors at our house. The deal was quick, emailed him on a Mon afternoon, invoice email and CC payment sent shortly after, mirror shipped from Michigan on Tues, arrived Fri here in Mass. It took all of 20 minutes to open the box, remove original mirror, install new mirror and calibrate the compass. I haven't had the chance to program the 3 opener buttons yet. The mirror I received could easily pass for new, not a mark on it, not so much as a fingerprint that I could find. It was very well packaged and I was very happy with the purchase - Thanks again Bob - it was a pleasure doing business! - Bill in MA

20. Dec 11, 2018 at 6:57 AM
    Boricua

Boricua Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    So, are this totally plug and play? No wire stripping etc? I have a 2018 TRD Sport and will like to add garage opener if possible.

Products Discussed in

To Top