1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Price Match Guarantee my A$$....

Discussion in 'Deals & Coupons' started by AFButters, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Dec 31, 2011 at 9:46 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    The days before hard drives were present at all were really fun. Booting from a 5.25 floppy was...a pain in the ass.

I remember when I first got a 386 and it was like the heavens had opened.

2. Jan 3, 2012 at 7:34 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    wal-mart won't even match their online prices, can you believe that

3. Jan 3, 2012 at 7:43 AM
    Ohbrian

Ohbrian Taco Roja

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Fremont, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    Eclipse head unit,scratched paint,ripped seat, black chaos 6 rims, Bilstein 5100's, top plate spacers, AAL, Midget antenna, Bakflip G2 cover, 14" Magnaflow, 400W inverter, LR UCA's
    Personally I like to go to stores and see things for myself. I'm also getting tired of seeing stores close their doors. I'd rather pay a little more and keep them around.

4. Jan 3, 2012 at 7:46 AM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    We have an american tv and appliance store up here and they advertise they will beat prices of major online places. Amazon and newegg are the ones that I noticed in the ad.

5. Jan 3, 2012 at 7:56 AM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    brick and mortar stores will not compete against online stores.

6. Jan 3, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    2 or 3 of those retailers on the list have bigger worries than price matching imo.
    Probably replacing their price matching strategy to "please buy from us we are a sinking ship" promotion.
    Remember Circuit City??
    Best Buy around here is like Amazon's showroom.
    I can't say I have bought anything from there in over 3 yrs.
    The PX isn't the best deal out there either and their price match is a pita.
    I just bought off Dell online no tax same thing.

7. Jan 3, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    Hayes

Hayes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Regular Cab Tacoma 4x4
    Price matching is all about comparing apples to apples.

Amazon is cheaper because then you have to pay shipping. So price match, add shipping and the prices are about the same.

I assume the reason you want to buy from the physical store is because you don't want to wait... Either pay up or wait for the shipping.

8. Jan 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    They also offer you the ability to look at what you're buying. You can't do that on Amazon.

Plus, with an Amazon price, you aren't necessarily buying it from Amazon. Anyone can set up to be a seller on Amazon.com (I've done it with books). I could set up my own store, advertise something dirt cheap and then go into Best Buy and point to it, and say, "Price match your $1000 tv with this one on sale for $50."

9. Jan 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Not really. With Amazon Prime, I pay $75/year for free second day shipping for anything I buy.

10. Jan 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    AFButters

AFButters [OP] Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW

TV I got was $811, no tax, free shipping... Best Buy was $849 +$43 Tax..

11. Jan 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    Motoxerc0

Motoxerc0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DC LB Lifted
    I had best buy price match my pioneer head unit off Amazon. If I remember correctly, amazon had the pioneer 3200bt for around 200-250 while best buy was around 400. I asked the sales person in the car audio section if they price match online stores such as amazon and he said they could. Long story short I had to speak with customer care and provide a printout of the amazon page, stating their sales person had made a mistake but they would honor the price match because the said sales person said they (best buy) would.

12. Jan 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    The Driver

The Driver Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier

Member:
    First Name:
    Raph
    Lakewood (Green Mountain), CO.
    Vehicle:
    '02 Extra cab 4X4 TRD SR5 3.4
    Aftermarket tranny cooler, 5100 Series Bilsteins, ToyTec Bilstein front coilovers, SPC UCA's, Alcan leafs, Class 3 Hitch, Tundra Front Brakes,
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but at 26 you should be able to figure out that business are about making money, not loosing it..

Correct.

13. Jan 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    most brick and mortar retailers that price match have a stipulation in their policy that spells out that they will not price match internet sales... there are a whole list of scenarios why they won't, but what it boils down to, is as a consumer, it's best to read the company's policy beforehand so you know what to expect...

http://walmartstores.com/10563.aspx

any and every kind of promotion or guarantee will always have terms and conditions, but most consumers don't take the time to read them... i can't remember the last time i read through the terms and conditions before clicking I AGREE on a website or online survey, etc...

when i shop, i typically shop online, print out the product page, take it to a couple retail stores, and ask... i have had some great luck with Lowe's, Home Depot, Samys Camera, and Sport Chalet, but in instances when i couldn't get a decent deal, i went and ordered online...

14. Jan 8, 2012 at 12:39 AM
    Dhawk1313

Dhawk1313 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    99 SR5
    Clear Corners, Clear Turn Signals, Pioneer Headunit, Kenwood speakers up front, Alpines in back, Billy 5100's front + rear, Toytec AAL, Eibach/Toytec Coilovers, Toytec Diff drop, Smoked taillights
    I work at Best Buy and they recently changed the discount to cost + 5% but it can't ultimately exceed 50%. Still isn't too shabby of a discount, but the days of getting a $160 HDMI cables for $9.99 is over :(. Getting literally half off of EVERYTHING in the car audio department was nice though :D. But yeah just reiterating what others said, we don't make diddly squat off most computers and TVs ( other then insignia and Dynex ). And BB has no problem matching their own website unlike Walmart.

15. Feb 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    Last summer I was shopping for a video editing program.

Decided on Sony Vegas. Sony had the manufacturers retail price on their website. I could also buy the program from Sony for retail price.

I went to BB, they had it on the shelf. Their price was a fair amount over suggested retail.

I asked if they would price match Sony at manufacturers suggested retail. The answer was no. Have not been back to BB since.

I did some additional looking around. Found it on Amazon for a good amount less than the published retail price.

PK

Products Discussed in

To Top