1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pricing on Tacomas

Discussion in 'New Members' started by deadbolt, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Mar 14, 2008 at 10:07 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    Hey guys,
    I'm new to this site. I currently drive a Mitsubishi Evolution but want to experience a different world of vehicle. A TRUCK!! :) I have not purchased a tacoma yet but am looking around to see what kind of prices people paid for theirs. I want a 4x4 double cab 6spd Manual with TRD package. If anyone has got one of these and is willing to share how much they paid for OTD, please let me know. THANKS

2. Mar 15, 2008 at 6:07 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Welcome to TW, I have what you want but TRD, I love it. Two years ago I spent 23,300 with 8000 miles on it. You can add 3-5000 dollars for TRD, if you are looking new, I would say your in the $30,000 area.

3. Mar 15, 2008 at 6:38 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Welcome to TacomaWorld

You can get a good idea on price at Edmunds . The link should bring you right to the spot where you can pick your options. I like that they give the MSRP, the invoice and what the average person has paid. I did really well buying my tacoma by doing my research online so I knew exactly what I wanted and what I was willing to pay for it before setting foot on the dealer's lot. Good luck!

4. Mar 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    Thanks for the heads up.. I am really looking forward to get this. I just dont like how you cant get a manual in 4x2.

5. Mar 15, 2008 at 9:28 PM
    SharkMan

SharkMan Carolina Alliance: Citadel Div

Member:
    Charleston SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ Cruiser Play N Trade Ed
    I like vehix.com because they have a option that emails dealers in your area and they fight for your business. You can also look up a specific truck in a dealer's lot. If you go strictly through the internet manager you might be able to walk away with the truck at invoice price.

6. Mar 16, 2008 at 8:14 AM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    Welcome! !! If you are looking for just "A Truck" there are other sites to go to but if you are looking for a "Tacoma" then you are in the right place:D Welcome and Good Luck! !! !

7. Mar 16, 2008 at 2:50 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    Sorry i meant Tacoma. hahaha. I checked out other trucks but the tacoma is the most appealing to me.

Sharkman: Invoice price OTD? If thats the case i need to hop on that site.

8. Mar 16, 2008 at 4:30 PM
    SharkMan

SharkMan Carolina Alliance: Citadel Div

Member:
    Charleston SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ Cruiser Play N Trade Ed
    Yep just pick out the truck with the options you want and press the get a quote button. It will email participating dealers and they fight to get your business. Make sure they give you a breakdown of all the costs and look at what your total walk away price will be including taxes, tags, and processing fee. Then get a loan quote from your bank. I don't recommend financing through the dealership but sometimes they can beat the interest rate of your personal bank.

9. Mar 16, 2008 at 10:56 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    What about going through a broker to buy the truck? Would I save some money that way too? It would seem hard to get the truck at invoice.

Products Discussed in

To Top