1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pro Comp 3"

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tommygarland, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Dec 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    tommygarland

tommygarland [OP] Tommy

Member:
    First Name:
    Tommy
    Dakotas
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Borla Cat back K&N Intake (Dislike) Moving to a snorkel soon 3" Procomp lift (new shocks and springs in front. Add a leaf in back. Dick Cepek 17x9 Wheels 1/4" offset Mickey Thompson ATZ p3 285/70/R17 C4 Fabrication Winch Bumper Regeared to 4.10 gear ratio with a Detroit Tru Trac in rear. (Not overly fond of air lockers)
    I've seen a lot of reviews on this and it seems to be 50/50 whether or not to get it. So the question is,
    Will this...
    Pro Comp K5075B 3" Lift Kit with Coil, Add-A-Leaf and ES9000 Shocks for Toyota Tacoma '05-'10
    Fit my '11 Tacoma Sport 4x4? I know it says end year is '10 but I saw a guy saying he put this same kit on his '13 Hilux. Amazon says the it will fit and generally they are correct and they haven't steered me wrong yet...

2. Dec 15, 2014 at 9:15 PM
    tommygarland

tommygarland [OP] Tommy

Member:
    First Name:
    Tommy
    Dakotas
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Borla Cat back K&N Intake (Dislike) Moving to a snorkel soon 3" Procomp lift (new shocks and springs in front. Add a leaf in back. Dick Cepek 17x9 Wheels 1/4" offset Mickey Thompson ATZ p3 285/70/R17 C4 Fabrication Winch Bumper Regeared to 4.10 gear ratio with a Detroit Tru Trac in rear. (Not overly fond of air lockers)
    I already ordered the pro comp and it's shipped or I probably would have. Those have better reviews. I pulled a boot move and ordered without checking to ensure that this one will indeed fit my truck. I'm just a bit of a paranoid bastard. So until I install it I'll be sceptical.

3. Dec 15, 2014 at 10:17 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    Define "fit"

The pro comp springs are so stiff that many trucks seem to be topped out with zero downtravel left.

Consider whether it's worth your while to install it or return for credit and get something else.

4. Dec 15, 2014 at 11:15 PM
    OICU812

OICU812 Well-Known Member

Member:
    You ordered it and now asking if it was a good idea? I've never had these nor have any friends that have them on their tacos, however often have read here they are (harsh and stiff) riding is all. GL

Products Discussed in

To Top