1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pro Comp 7028 and 7098...quesiton on the beadlocks?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Priddle, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Sep 6, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    Priddle

Priddle [OP] And now for something completely different....

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    I just got a mint 07 Tacoma and want to get black wheels for it. I had my heart set on XD Revolvers but they will stick out too far for my liking especially where I like to drive on gravel roads/offroad etc. :(

I was considering ATX rims but I read they can't take much abuse. They are also painted which I don't see taking punishment offroad. I had my old 03 Tacoma with TRD wheels powercoated and after 6 years they are still mint.

I was looking at Pro Comp 7028 and I like those but not a fan of the bead locks for my taste. Can they be removed permanently? or replaced with black bead locks?

I was also looking at the 7098. PC's website doesn't show them with bead locks (or perhaps they have a black bead lock) but other pics I have seen do. Does anyone know?

Thanks for any input

Products Discussed in

To Top