1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pro Comp lift question

Discussion in 'North West' started by twalchlii1, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Aug 26, 2015 at 9:51 PM
    twalchlii1

twalchlii1 [OP] Tacotraitor

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wa
    Vehicle:
    2018 GC Trailhawk
    Are floor mats a mod?
    OK, I have to ask you guys.... Why does it seem like everyone hates Pro Comp lifts? I get that folks think they are really stiff and all, but, other than that, what are the issues? I have a Pro Comp 3" coil over lift with AAL's and UCA's. 265/75/17 General AT2's. I think the 1st 1/2" of travel is definitely more jiggly, on the road, but when you get past that, it seems pretty plush to me. While I haven't done much rock crawling type stuff yet due to needing armor, I have done a lot of general off roading. On slower full travel stuff, it will pick a wheel up sometimes, and on faster whoop di doo's it is super plush and the wheels stay planted. On the fast stuff, I beat the living crap out of my truck, and have had no breakage yet. So, what's the deal with the bad pro comp posts? ( having said that, if I could afford, I would like OME and fox or icon, but I would also like to keep my wife..). So what's the skinny, guys? And ladies?

2. May 7, 2016 at 10:43 PM
    freeskier865

freeskier865 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    travis bowdle
    utah
    afe stage 2 cold air,afe catback, 17x9 xd Addict, 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratrac's, toytech 3inch lift kit(5100's all four corners front set at 0 with toytech 3inch coil spring, 2 inch toytec AAL, Spidertraxx 1.25" wheel spacer
    I fill it is to stiff and harsh of a ride, I had the rear bushing go out on on the rear shock a year later and the wanted to charge me for new bushing, i never real go off roading that much but on wash board the back end just dances around. IMO

Products Discussed in

To Top