1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problem w/ another member... need advice!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by rbeezy, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    Think about if you were on the other end. I think you owe the refund, the item is considered yours until the coustomer is happy, or a settlement you both agree on. You should have insured it. I was in the very same boat, just a couple of months ago, on this forum. I offered to take the items back, but we agreed on a solution. Remember the Golden Rule....

2. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    rbeezy

rbeezy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    lesson learned... dont be cheap to save a few dollars, get the insurance to save future headaches!!

3. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    :thumbsup:

4. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 700# springs Front Shocks JBA UCA's Wheeler's Offroad Superbump Front Bump Stops Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 4"+ Rear Shocks AllPro Expo Rear Leaf Pack Timbren Rear Bump Stops ARB Front Bumper @Shmellmopwho Rock Sliders w/ Kickout RCI Aluminum Front Skid Plate Prinsu Roof Rack Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover CBI Ditch Light Brackets Cali-Raised LED Ditch Lights Cali-Raised Amber Fogs Cali-Raised Flush Mount LED Pods
    x2

5. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    rbeezy

rbeezy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    yep, learn from my mistakes. i know what to do next time. i went to Paypal resolution center and offered a partial refund and he can keep the lights, or a full refund and he returns them

6. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Offroad
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
    If you sent them out unbroken then it the shippers responsibility to work it out with the buyer. Tell dude to suck it easy. If you sent the items out broken then I doubt you would be here in the first place unless you were trying to save face.

When you buy a product from store X and they ship it and it arrives broken you take it up with the shipper not the seller. At any rate if your buying used, buyer beware if you get broken shit well, should have bought from a reputable company. Its just the dice you roll. You hope your dealing with an honest dude but you just dont know.

Bottom line if they left your hands unbroken sucks for him.

7. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Just put yourself in his shoes, what would you want?

8. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    I have a question, did you have the lights posted in the sell section here on TW?

9. Mar 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    That's what I was wondering OP has a bunch of FS threads for LEDs, they all have the same picture though :notsure:. Did they just not sell OP? and why not use one of the pics from the FS ad(s) as proof?

I did read that you refunded though, it sucks I've done it though my ebay crap and its no fun :(.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacoma-marketplace/182991-fs-2005-led-tails.html
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacoma-marketplace/173132-fs-led-tail-lights-2.html
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/165054-fs-led-tail-lights.html
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...fs-oem-led-tail-lights-halloween-special.html
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/119169-led-tail-lights-sale.html

I tried putting them in some order...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  10. Mar 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    I mean per forum rules if you post in the sell thread you must include a picture, not a stock photo of the item, an actual picture of the actual item for sell. That way the buyer knows what they are getting and not surprised when they receive the item. If they bought it with no picture then, in my opinion that is not smart on the buyer's part, nor is it not smart on the seller's part, because of stuff like this happening.

Ron if you sold him lights on here, from the sell thread area and included pictures then the buyer would see that it was in transit. Insurance should have been included in my opinion, especially if a sale goes above $100 just for safety purposes on both ends anyways. Saves both parties the headache. But the insurance should be tacked on on the buyer's expense in my opinion. If you are willing to fork out the cash on buying something used off a forum it is a good idea to have insurance, it isn't like you are dealing with a company that can refund you, or resend you another item undamaged.

Products Discussed in

To Top