1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problem with front o2 sensor

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by W7ldcard, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Apr 10, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    W7ldcard

W7ldcard [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So my friend and I are putting in some DT LT headers and when we took the driver side o2 sensor out of my old header it seems that it was cross threaded and we can no longer put it in my new headers. Is it important to use this o2 sensor? the dealer quoted me $213 plus he would have to order it so I would be without a truck. can I just put a bolt in the one with the messed up o2 sensor? and only run the passenger side o2 sensor?

2. Apr 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    XrunnIT

XrunnIT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    1GR-GZE X-Runner
    Built Motor by LC Engineering Boosted by TRD
    Unfortunately you can't.

The front o2 sensors are the AFR sensors, and are absolutely needed for the truck to run right.

$213 isn't too bad, I've seen them quote those sensors as high as $260 a piece. I have a pair of front o2 sensors for the 05+ 1gr that I just replaced (1 kept throwing a low current code on start-up but did not effect the truck once running and cleared). If you are on a budget and desperate to get a new sensor, send me a PM, and I should be able to hook you up.

Products Discussed in

To Top