1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problems based on lift survey?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by surftodd, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Jun 30, 2008 at 5:43 AM
    surftodd

surftodd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma
    3 inch Trux suspension lift Upgraded Bilstein Shocks Upgrade spring pack Custom Rock-Crawler Wheels 32 inch Kumho MTs Rear Jumper Seat- makes truck a seven person vehicle Tow package Rear Fog lights New Roof Rack Running Lights Cargo Extender Rack Bed Cover
    I am having an issue with my NY dealer and my 2007 4x4-
    They are automatically saying that my 2007 4x4 is having issues because I have a 3inch lift in it. They haven't even looked at the truck yet. I am due to bring it back in next week for a thorough look at the issue. The service guy just commented " Oh, the lift is most likely the cause of any issues that you are having, bt we will check into it".

Thus this survey...Could all with a 2nd gen tacoma 4x4 that is lifted just list their year truck, the lift size, and if they have had any issues with details , (besides driveline vibration)....
    I am just trying to get some ammunition to go up against the dealer. My gut feeling is that this 4wd propblem has something to do with the 4wd actuator ( which should not be affected by the lift) Thanks

2. Jun 30, 2008 at 6:09 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    What issue are you having?

A dealer cant blame a problem on your lift or refuse warranty work unless the lift itself is causing the problem (ex: Your leaf springs squeak, but you have an AAL). They will bullshit you otherwise if you let them. Google the Magnusen-Moss Act.

3. Jun 30, 2008 at 10:53 AM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.
    had an 05 Lifted + block spacer... No problems
    06 DC Revtek Lift with Add a Block .... Also No Problems.

4. Jun 30, 2008 at 11:02 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    07 DC with 3" toytec 884 Coil springs and rear block. No problems.

5. Jun 30, 2008 at 7:25 PM
    Anthony

Anthony San Antonio Detailer :)

Member:
    Houston - Spring/Tomball area
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner access cab 2.7L M5
    Nfabs Afe Pro Dry UWS linex'd toolbox
    Agreed. A lift kit wont void the warranty on say a power window motor or a malfunctioning electrical switch.
    There has to be a relation to the lift and the problem.

6. Jul 2, 2008 at 4:41 PM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    9" suspension lift 37" tires.. 4hi doesnt lock in the green still flashes.. 4lo doesnt work... and to get it out of 4hi i have to put it in park, turn the switch to 2 hi. turn the truck off then back on.. everything used to work before.. anyone have any info so i dont have to go to the stealership?

7. Jul 2, 2008 at 8:38 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    I did a search through Google. I typed in dealership must approve aftermarket. Hope this helps brother.
    You the consumer have the right to upgrade or add to your vehicle without affecting the warranty. The addition of a Pacbrake product will not void the warranty on your vehicle. As with any aftermarket product, be it mudflaps or oil filters, the onus is on the dealership to prove that an aftermarket product was responsible for the failure of a vehicle manufacturers component. You have the right to choose the product and the product manufacturer whether they are “approved” or not.
    As the owner of a vehicle that is under warranty coverage by the vehicle manufacturer you are protected by federal law - the Magnuson-Moss Warranty - Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act of 1975. Under the act, aftermarket equipment does not void a vehicle’s original warranty unless that warranty clearly and conspicuously
    states that aftermarket equipment voids the warranty. Most states have legislation or statutes that further protects the owners of vehicles.
    In other words, if the warranty statement that was provided with the vehicle does not say that aftermarket products will void your warranty then no dealership can by law refuse or arbitrarily void the warranty on the vehicle. This does not mean that the dealership must perform warranty repairs on the aftermarket product, and in fact if the
    aftermarket product was responsible for the failure of a warrantable component, the owner or installer/manufacturer would be liable for those repairs.
    It is up to the dealership to prove (not just say) that the aftermarket product caused the failure and if you the consumer find that the dealership has not adequately provided evidence to support their claim you have the legal right to demand the dealership comply with the warranty. If you are being unfairly denied warranty, the Federal
    Trade Commission monitors compliance with warranty law and can be reached at (202) 326-3128.
    What to do if a dealership denies or “voids” your warranty because you have a Pacbrake product installed on your vehicle.
    1) Prior to the dealership beginning any repairs, have them contact the Pacbrake Warranty Administrator at 800-663-0096 and Pacbrake will attempt to resolve the issue immediately.
    2) Have the dealership provide you with their warranty denial in writing
    (Chances are they will not as this could be used against them in arbitration.)
    3) Contact the Federal Trade Commission at the above number and formally register a complaint.
    4) If the dealership still insists that the warranty be denied because of the installation of a Pacbrake product, have the dealership provide you with all the failed parts.
    If it is determined that a Pacbrake product was not responsible for the failure of a warrantable vehicle component, Pacbrake will support the customer through the warranty arbitration process. In the unlikely event that the Pacbrake product caused the failure and Pacbrake was advised at the onset of the failure, Pacbrake will cover the affected parts and labor at the prevailing flat rate.
    Pacbrake uses considerable resources in research and development to ensure that its products are designed within the rigorous specifications of the engine manufacturer. Pacbrake products are subjected to extensive quality testing and procedures to continually make improvements. Pacbrake supports the products it manufactures to the
    fullest extent with industry leading warranties, including progressive damage, and guarantees.
    For copies of the Magnuson - Moss Act contact the Federal Trade Commission in your area or phone (202) 326-3128.
    It’s your right ... it is your choice ... that’s the law!

8. Jul 2, 2008 at 8:53 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Sorry not approve but prove that the aftermarket part is the cause

9. Jul 2, 2008 at 8:59 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
  10. Jul 6, 2008 at 5:41 AM
    surftodd

surftodd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma
    3 inch Trux suspension lift Upgraded Bilstein Shocks Upgrade spring pack Custom Rock-Crawler Wheels 32 inch Kumho MTs Rear Jumper Seat- makes truck a seven person vehicle Tow package Rear Fog lights New Roof Rack Running Lights Cargo Extender Rack Bed Cover
    You guys ar the bomb.... thanks for the leg work. I will let all know the outcome...

Products Discussed in

To Top