1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problems Cleaning Interior Seats of Tacoma

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by ReneeWV, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Aug 22, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    ReneeWV

ReneeWV [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Renee
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    I have a 2010 Tacoma Dbl Cab. It has grey cloth "sport"seats in it that came with the TRD package I believe. My problem is the outer grey cloth of the bucket seats and the bench seat in the back, is staining dark circles when I try to clean them. It is terrible to try and clean that material. I was using a few different cleaners for interior in the automotive dept. one of them being some OXY clean by Turtle Wax and I forget the other. Both left these hideous circle spots on the seats. Does anyone else have problems cleaning these seats and can offer me some advice? Thank You!!

2. Aug 22, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Is there something particular you are trying to get out of the seat (blood, grease...) or just cleaning in general?

Welcome to the site :wave:

3. Aug 22, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    They key is when using a cleaner with these things is if you go heavy in one spot is to feather the cleaner out to the rest of the seat. I too have found that the seats in the Tacoma are a pain in the ass to clean just for this reason.

4. Aug 22, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    ReneeWV

ReneeWV [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Renee
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    There were just some dirt marks probably from my dog, so I tried spot cleaning them and when it dried, I wanted to cry!!! These ugly circles formed everywhere that I spot cleaned, and now I am nervous of what cleaner to use to try to ge tthem out. Its a brand new truck and the interior looks like crap from those cleaners. That makes sense to spread it out like that, do you have a brand to recommend that you have used?

5. Aug 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    Junebug McQuinn

Junebug McQuinn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wylie, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road Pre-Runner
    Personally I wouldn't mess with them anymore, if they're getting worse after cleaning I'd call in some professional help

6. Aug 22, 2011 at 6:45 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    Meguiars quik out?

7. Aug 31, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    RollTideJon

RollTideJon Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD SR5
    none to date
    i have similar problems with my seats. a drop of water gets on it, it stains. Im told its just dust and dirt from down in the seat casuing this. i've tried several different cleaners as well with no success except for removing the dark spot and leaving a light spot. Considering professional deatail maybe or just seat covers.

8. Aug 31, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    GSB

GSB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Odenton, MD 21113
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DC Long Bed
    I had the same problem. Water stains when I sat on the seats with a wet bathing suit. When they dried they had what looked like dried salt stains. I used Areospace 303 Fabric and Vinyl cleaner cut 50/50 with distilled water. Just lightly spray it on the whole panel, let sit for 5 min and wipe with a microfiber cloth. You might have to rub a little, but the came out looking like new. I picked it up from my local West Marine, but you can get it online.

9. Aug 31, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    I usually use one of two products depending on which I have available. I either use a product called SD-20. This crap works on everything cleans the hell out of fabric oe I'll use Stoners carpet cleaner.

10. Sep 1, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    ReneeWV

ReneeWV [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Renee
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Thank you everyone for your advice. I really appreciate it. I just don't want to ruin them anymore trying different cleaners that are just going to make them look worse.

Products Discussed in

To Top