1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ProEFX Towing Mirror GB #2

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by mach1man001, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 [OP] eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Thanks Rob. I appreciate that.

2. May 19, 2014 at 10:30 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch"
    Shtuff
    Just brought my enclosed trailer back over from my son's house (he uses it for storage in the Winter). Always thought my stock mirrors were adequate for my "little" 6x10 enclosed trailer. Amazed at the difference having proper towing mirrors makes! Situational awareness is tenfold improved. And they made backing the trailer into position alongside my driveway a breeze as well. Used to take me two or three tries to get it right by myself without a spotter; 1 try today because I could see what was where and the angles for positioning were so much improved. Wondering why I held off on the first GB. :der:

I've spent years preaching "right tool for the job" to my sons. If you're on the fence about these, don't be.

Oh, and heated to boot! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. May 19, 2014 at 11:59 AM
    delesseria

delesseria Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Olympia
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Off-Road Blue Ribbon
    ProEFX Heated Towing Mirrors, TRD cat-back exhaust, Snugtop Sport Hi-Liner, Hellwig EZ-990 Helper Springs, IGGYCORP LED pods
    I'm glad to hear that. I'm getting a small travel trailer in December and was on the fence about getting these mirrors, but after what you just said I'm glad I did. I can't wait to try them out with the trailer. (and those chrome ones you got look really nice! almost wish I had gotten chrome instead of black)

4. May 19, 2014 at 12:10 PM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch"
    Shtuff
    :thumbsup: You won't be disappointed.

My post in Live concerning why I decided to get chrome:

5. May 19, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    williams63

williams63 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chili
    nh
    Vehicle:
    2011 dblcb
    boss-c/o, boss rear leafs
    alright rob I will take a set. sent a pm let me know what you need.

6. May 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    CDNTACO

CDNTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Ottawa Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB-SR5
    Fog Lights, Pop&Lock Electric, G4 Elite Tonneau Cover, Weathertech Bug Shield and Window Deflectors, Smitty Built Nerf Bars and Bull Bar, WeatherTech MudFlaps, ProEFX Tow Mirrors
    Took them out for a spin today towing our new 21ft Hybrid. Didn't take any photos while hooked up DOH...but here is the Beefy look I was referring to earlier. I can see back along the drivers side fine when towing but wish I had about another inch or two on the passenger side. My Trailer is 8ft wide and I can't see all the way down the passenger side as the corner and awning support stick out a bit. I just need to get used to them. I was also impressed that the up/down & side/side mirror operation is the same for both orientations. I didn't expect that.

Overall, much Much better than the stock mirrors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  7. May 19, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    williams63

Member:
    First Name:
    chili
    nh
    Vehicle:
    2011 dblcb
    want these for the same thing a 21' hybrid. glad to hear they worked out good for you.

8. May 19, 2014 at 9:01 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Replied.

Guys, thanks for all the great reviews and pics. :D Too many of them (which is of course a good thing) for me to do a multi quote. :cool: All I can say is keep them coming.

9. May 20, 2014 at 6:32 AM
    Chris24

Chris24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Black DCSB TRD Sport, V6, 6sp
    I would also like to report a good review for these mirrors. Took my jetski to the lake on Sunday and I could actually see the trailer when backing the empty trailer down the ramp and into the water! The empty trailer used to "disappear" behind the truck, but these mirrors stick out far enough for me to see it while backing it into the water. My ONLY gripe is that I feel the passenger side is a little too much magnification...but I'm sure i'll get used to it :)

10. May 20, 2014 at 2:51 PM
    REVNHI

REVNHI Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Moonstone Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 Double Cab TRD Off Road Premium
    Thanks Rob for the tracking number today, can't wait to get them on the truck.

11. May 20, 2014 at 5:36 PM
    williams63

Member:
    First Name:
    chili
    nh
    Vehicle:
    2011 dblcb
    sorry rob I did not get your pm

12. May 20, 2014 at 8:58 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Replied again. If your not getting my PM's you can just call me tomorrow to order. I am honoring the price to anybody who contacts me.

13. May 20, 2014 at 9:00 PM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    :headbang:

14. May 21, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Chris,
    Glad you like them and thanks for the good review. The passenger side might take you a little bit to get used to. It's not so much magnification as it's not distanced like you are used to. This is part of what makes backing in with these so much easier. You have much better sight as to where the trailer and the objects around you are.

15. May 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM
    jsnavarro23

jsnavarro23 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Hey Rob,

Thanks for the fast shipping. I received the package last night and installed them this morning. They are exactly what I was looking for. So glad I didn't miss the group buy this time.

I assume these mirrors will also fold inwards right? Mine are little stiff so I didn't want to force them until I check that they actually do fold inward.

Jeff

16. May 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch"
    Shtuff
    They do. See last pic, first post, this thread. :cool:

17. May 21, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    jsnavarro23

jsnavarro23 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Thanks MQQSE.

18. May 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch"
    Shtuff
    :thumbsup:

19. May 23, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    ncooper

ncooper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD SPORT 4x4
    5100's @ 1.75, ride rite airbags, borla exhaust, headlight retrofit
    These are exactly what I'm looking for, when is the next group buy?

20. May 23, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    mach1man001

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    I do not know. We had one last year and just wrapped this one up now. I do carry these all the time so if you are interested you can contact me. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top