1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Project Runner that never was.

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Konvict KROG, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Feb 15, 2015 at 10:35 AM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG [OP] Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    Here is my current project.

I am making a 79 4runner, using my 79 truck and parts of my 85 4runner.

I am out of the country so I don't have many photos now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is a rough mock up after rough cutting some pieces and throwing it together for eyeball specs. Its sitting that way for storage while I am away.

What do ya'll think of my idea?

2. Feb 15, 2015 at 2:58 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    [​IMG]
    truck when I bought it, sat in a field for years. And now it has sat waiting for me to get to it since 2010

3. Feb 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]
    This was my daily driver back then.

[​IMG]
    Here is my old man growing up.

4. Feb 15, 2015 at 3:08 PM
    Konvict KROG

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    So the picture with the one metal panel in the back, that is for a rough estimate of seat spacing. Its not really going to be there, the seat backs will be close to that position but lower.

I have the inside frame work for the bed from the 4runner I cut up, as well as the floor pans etc. It will be getting all of the interior similar to a first gen 4runner only custom.

This truck is about 10 inches longer in wheelbase than a 1st gen 4runner, so that will be split about 6 inches extra room in rear seats and 4 longer in the bed. The bed will be bobbed about 13 inches so it will be pretty small.

It will be getting a full cage, and EFI. I have the frame stripped. Its got a lot of surface rust but its solid.. somehow.

the front of the back fender well will be clipped. The 4runners have smaller inner fenders so there is some trimming to make the seats work properly.

The bed is 7' 3" and will be bobbed to 6' and a few inches.

Products Discussed in

To Top