1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Prometheus

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Krazie Sj, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 12, 2012 at 10:54 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj [OP] Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Nice find.

2. Jun 13, 2012 at 1:45 AM
    TRDBen

TRDBen Mall Crawler of the Year

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner 4 Door TRD V6
    Front Window Tint KYB Monomax Shocks Blue Dome Light Valentine 1 Radar Detector
    I liked it quite a bit. I thought it was though provoking and stimulating.

3. Jun 13, 2012 at 5:54 AM
    sammy87

sammy87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    My other thought, why can't Vickers run sideways? Old football injury? I thought that was a pretty cheap way for her to die.

4. Jun 13, 2012 at 7:05 AM
    asphaltpilot

asphaltpilot CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    Yes, yes, and yes.

All these theories are just that. Nobody really knows that the hell is going on or why. Who's to say the casks and ooze were a bio weapon? Maybe they were containment vessels for invasive species (like the alien species), reverse engineered in the casks? Maybe the engineers were scientists just going around collecting life for research, much like human scientists do? Maybe it was a misfit band of Engineers that created life on Earth and other planets. Perhaps the "old guard" is who we saw and was sent out to clean up their mess. So many open-ended options and questions.

Also, there were several shots in the movie trailers that were not in the movie. I'm pretty tweaked by that.:confused:

5. Jun 13, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Does anyone know why that humanoid in the beginning killed himself with the biological weapon?

6. Jun 13, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    asphaltpilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    It's suspected that he sacrificed himself in order to create new life. His DNA + ooze = new life.
    That new life which was build from his DNA eventually evolves into an alternate form of alien engineer, IE humans. That stuff that he had may not have been the exact same stuff that we saw later on in the movie.

7. Jun 13, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    rondog

rondog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Escondido/San Diego
    this was a good read :laughing:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=prometheus_nutshell

8. Jun 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    It was pretty good.

9. Jun 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    AFZ

AFZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    IN
    Vehicle:
    4x4 AC 4.0 TRD OR
    Pretty much.

I think the movie should have ended with Shaw getting crushed because of her stomach injury (to have made it this far!!).

Vickers then gets contacted by David, eluding to she knew he was up to something the whole time, or they both where and the scene in the hallway was her fear he was double crossing her.

As she recovers his head, the knocked out "Engineer" comes too, creating tension - maybe even explains what's going on - but his chest explodes. Large slimy queen scurries off.

He was asleep to pause the process.

Vickers leaves a warning message using the alien ships (which the "truckers" interpret as a distress in the future) and the movie ends with a "now what".

Open ended ending. Her life pod is trashed, 2 year trip from Earth and an Alien queen is on the loose.

10. Jun 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    sammy87

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    I just had really high expectations and I think there are too many holes in the plot for me to think the movie was good. The 2nd half felt really rushed, when Fifield turned into a zombie the crew inside didnt seem to care what was going on, Shaw just performs a c section on herself and sees David and is like hey whats up, oh Weland is here, Ill suit up and go back, oh and theres a squid in the medpod btw. WTF? It was obvioius Vickers was the daughter of Weland but the Father line was really corny. And yeah the 2 guys lost with teh snake that were freakin out earlier, that made no sense either. Why did teh snake kill one guy and then the other turn into a zombie? It looked like Halloway was going the way of the guy in the beginning just slower due to a smaller dose. Why did they hide Weland on the ship, did it even matter if he was tehre or not? I mean he was everyone's boss. I liked Vickers character but there wasnt really a reason for her to be there, she didnt act like she wanted to sleep for 2 yrs, bang captain and then get crushed by a spaceship.

My take is teh Engineer killed himself to start life, the black shit kills, and it was a WMD to kill humans cuz the engineers were pissed they killed Jesus, so they were going to Earth, there was a contamination everyone died. Except for 1 engineer who was aparantly still capable from flying the ship to Earth but he decided to sleep for 2k yrs?

11. Jun 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM
    Jonesn13

Jonesn13 Nifty

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R Trail Premium, 08 AC 4x4 6spd(Sold)
    Some, Suspension and stuff, tires, maybeh some armor.
    I think your version would have been fucking epic. And much more in sinc with the rest of the movies...

12. Jun 14, 2012 at 3:57 AM
    asphaltpilot

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    Most fans of the franchise (AVP doesn't count) know Prometheus takes place on LV-223. Alien takes place on LV-426. It would be interesting if the crash on LV-426 is actually Shaw's tomb after another "encounter" with an xenomorph.

13. Jun 14, 2012 at 4:12 AM
    AFZ

AFZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    IN
    Vehicle:
    4x4 AC 4.0 TRD OR
    They should have made it the same planet, making it a different planet only adds to the brain trauma.

At points during the movie I thought I was watching Sucker Punch.

14. Jun 14, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    sammy87

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    Every time I fill in an answer to one of the idiotic things in this movie, it just opens up another question.

For example, why was Fifield freakin out when he was lost, and scared as shit over the life form detection, only to try and pet a space snake? Oh he was high, smokin weed through his space suit. Wait a minute...Why the fuck was he smoking weed? A trillion dollar mission across the galaxy for the greatest discovery in history, a team of top tier professionals, and they dont even drug screen these guys? Freakin Home Depot does drug screening. UFB!

15. Jun 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    Snorkel, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17, diff breather relocate, Cobra ultra III cb radio set up Warrior Products front bumper
    I'm still trying to figure out how an "Alien" pops out if the engineer. Are engineers suits themselves for the Aliens, or was an Alien born when the giant squid humped the Engineer pilot? that's the only question i have. i really liked the movie, but i wish the alien at the end wasn't in it. you can hound me if you want, but i was hoping Scott was making this film original, aside the whole Alien series. I am fascinated by the engineers and hope to see a sequel to find the home planet of them.

All in all, everything made sense to me in the movie, wonderful special effects. i enjoyed it in Imax 3d.

16. Jun 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Alien was implanted when giant squid humped Engineer mouth. Squid is like a larger version of the 8 legged things that impregnate on the other Alien movies.

17. Jun 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    Snorkel, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17, diff breather relocate, Cobra ultra III cb radio set up Warrior Products front bumper
    hmm, i vaguely remember the alien series, but i'm assuming Aliens are the babys of the squid, but how do you make more squid? please explain the reproduction cycle of Aliens for me. (excluding humping engineers)

18. Jun 14, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Impossible, they clearly labled that planet as LV-223 (233?) whereas they other planet out of Alien was LV-426. (Hmmm...Looks familiar...)

<----------------------------------------l

It's call a face hugger ya bugger.

19. Jun 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Face hugger you ass monkey!

20. Jun 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in