1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Props to N-Fab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jcayce, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Jul 14, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    jcayce

jcayce [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSBTRDOR4X4
    I recently purchased an N-Fab light bar to put on my new Tacoma and when it was not going to work for me I put it for sale on this forum. After taking a closer look at it I noticed several flaws that made me uncomfortable selling it so I contacted N-Fab. I have to say that their response and concern was immediate and unexpected. I ended up taking it back to 4WPW and getting a full refund so I just wiped the slate clean in regards to my dissapointment.

I am the first to admit that I am a hard person to please and the flaws that I noticed would not have bothered 95 percent of the population. I am posting a part of my e-mail correspondance with N-Fab because I think that people should know that they are dealing with extremely reputable people when they buy an N-Fab product. I also received a follow-up call today explaining what may have happened and how I could call them directly anytime I wanted to purchase something in the future. It is not often that you come across a company that stands firmly behind their product AND is so willing to work with the customer. The best thing I can do for N-Fab is to spread the positive "word of mouth" publicity that good companies deserve.

Response:
    "the end you talk about is where the pipe is sheared in 24' sections from the pipe manufacturer. N-fab, as a rule we cut the end off so its round and with out a dint,sounds like it was left on and finished out.
    Not good and overlooked but 1 customer out of 50 would see this as a problem, most just want a heavy-duty light bar to mount lights on the truck.

sorry it didn't work out for you. I would like to but, cant win them all.

Thanks for the follow up e-mail.

Thomas Fichter
    CEO N-fab inc
    14925 Stuebner Airline Rd #207
    Hou Texas. 77069"

One of my e-mails:
    "Thomas,

I am a retired architectural engineer and weld custom aluminum bike frames as a hobby. I would NEVER leave weld splatter on a frame or use a bent/crushed tube for any portion of a bike. I realize a light bar for a 4x4 truck is an entirely different matter (and steel is completely different from aluminum) but attention to detail is important (and there is no indication of damage from shipping, powdercoat was done over the crushed end).

Regardless, the fact that you e-mailed me immediately speaks volumes about the dedication that you have to your company and that is appreciated in any business. I applaud this as an extremely high level of customer service. I do not know what position you have in the company but it seems that you have a stake in its reputation and its product and I appreciate how you are standing behind it.

I took the light bar back to 4WPW and they agreed that the weld splatters were unacceptable and that the crushed end most likely happened before shipping and took the item back.

Also, I agree that you make GREAT products (just need a little better quality control). This is what pointed me in your direction in the first place. Please continue to do so as I believe that you have a unique take on what the market wants.

Thank you for your response,

Jeremiah Cayce"

Products Discussed in

To Top