1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

pull the trigger??

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Canadianguy91, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Mar 18, 2017 at 6:24 AM
    Canadianguy91

Canadianguy91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited
    Krown undercoating, Protect a plate, blindspot mirrors, Reese stainless steel towing ball, Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover, Tufskinz tailgate letter inserts, Console organiser, Tinted windows, LED interiors, Bed lights, Hood lights, Black Canadian flag decal (@bfeth), Oem bed mat, WeatherTech floor liners, Arctic Claw XSI tires, Recovery Shackle, Ultimate LED turn signals V3 @mesojdm, OEM TRD Off-Road tow hook, Bilstein 5100's with ARB's Old Man Emu 2887 coils, ICON progressive add a leaf, General Grabber ATX tires, Fuel ripper rims, Auxbeam F-16 H11 Led headlights, Borla S-type catback exhaust with black tip, custom powertray, vinyl badge inlays, (@rrentrop), Rear diff breather mod, Redarc trailer break controller https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqN7m1pc6AA
    Hey guys so i may have joined this group a little early. I dont have a Tacoma...yet
    So I really wanted to get the 2016 TRD sport with the sport upgrade package but never did because they are pretty expensive. When the 2017's came out the prices went up and i was without a truck. So now I've got a great ofer on the 2017 but just got another great offer on a 2016 limited. The limited is basically the same price as the 16 TRD sport. The 17 is about $2000 cheaper.

With the better sound system, running boards, and leather does it make sense to pay the extra $2000 to get all that?

2. Mar 18, 2017 at 6:41 AM
    SuperBad

SuperBad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma OR DCSB
    Truck stuff
    Depends on what you want. Do you want leather, running boards and a "better" sound system? You can always add those to the 16 but depending on what quality of items you go with it could easily cost more than $2k. Just a set of Katzkins leather is over 1k, you could always get Clazzios for around 400 which from what I read are nice but probably not as nice as Katzkinz. Running boards can be found for pretty cheap on CL from people who do not like them or replaced them with sliders, I sold a set that I put a nice dent in for $100. The better audio is where the price can get crazy but the quality can really be leaps and bounds above. You could do a good simple upgrade from OEM for around $1500 or piece together your own setup for less or more. You could probably put together a setup on a budget that is better than the factory upgraded system for around 1k or so adding a sub, amp, LOC(if not built into the amp) and new door speakers. While there are options its really up to what you want out of the truck. I would take the 17 and upgrade it to what I wanted but thats just because I prefer getting the audio items I want and not paying for the slightly better than factory option stereo from the dealer. I also think the Clazzios are plenty nice for my needs and dont see the added value in leather I'll wear out over time or the cost of the katzkinz even though I hear the Katzkinz are really nice.

Oldman808 likes this.
  3. Mar 18, 2017 at 6:48 AM
    edisapimp

edisapimp Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    2017 Barcelona TRDOR DCSB Prem/Tech
    Thing 1.) Get the truck you want or you'll always look longingly at others.

Thing 2.) Consulting an internet forum to make your decisions rarely produces favorable results.

Thing 3.) If you are considering financing the vehicle, then a $2000 difference at time of sale (assuming a 60mo. term) is between $40-$50 per month (assuming an interest rate <4.5%). If you can't afford that, then you may want to consider a less expensive vehicle.

butsack, Coot83 and doorsidedown like this.
  4. Mar 18, 2017 at 6:51 AM
    Canadianguy91

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited
    Krown undercoating, Protect a plate, blindspot mirrors, Reese stainless steel towing ball, Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover, Tufskinz tailgate letter inserts, Console organiser, Tinted windows, LED interiors, Bed lights, Hood lights, Black Canadian flag decal (@bfeth), Oem bed mat, WeatherTech floor liners, Arctic Claw XSI tires, Recovery Shackle, Ultimate LED turn signals V3 @mesojdm, OEM TRD Off-Road tow hook, Bilstein 5100's with ARB's Old Man Emu 2887 coils, ICON progressive add a leaf, General Grabber ATX tires, Fuel ripper rims, Auxbeam F-16 H11 Led headlights, Borla S-type catback exhaust with black tip, custom powertray, vinyl badge inlays, (@rrentrop), Rear diff breather mod, Redarc trailer break controller https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqN7m1pc6AA
    Ya i think by the time i get a better speaker system and then eventually do the leather im looking north of 2000.
    But is a tacoma really worth its price?

5. Mar 18, 2017 at 6:55 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2022 Off Road Premium 4Runner Lunar Rock
    The real question is, why did you want the Sport before, and are you willing to sacrifice that? Have you driven both? What one do you like to drive better?

6. Mar 18, 2017 at 6:59 AM
    SuperBad

SuperBad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma OR DCSB
    Truck stuff
    I agree its very easy to go over 2k when upgrading. I'm looking into stereo right now and its looking like i'll be around $1500-2k just in that. But I want a stereo that sounds how I want so its well worth it to me in the end.

Only you can answer if the Tacoma is worth the $$$. You'll have to figure out what you need from your vehicle to determine if the Tacoma is worth the $$$. I knew I wanted a truck with a bed not an SUV or car. I also knew that I wanted to have something with good clearance and 4x4 to get me out to the camp spots I enjoy. If it wasnt for what I felt me "neds' were then ZI would ahve bought a different vehicle. Again ONLY you can decide that.

@Spare Parts has a very good point. Have you driven either of them. You should def drive both to see which one feels better to you.

7. Mar 18, 2017 at 7:00 AM
    Canadianguy91

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited
    wanted the sport cause it has 4 doors, looked really cool and more affordable. the limted last year was way out of my price range but now this one had come way down

8. Mar 18, 2017 at 7:03 AM
    Canadianguy91

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited
    and yeah i find they both drive the same

Spare Parts[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Mar 18, 2017 at 7:03 AM
    Spare Parts

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    So it's more about being double cab, less the sport look? I have read that they drive/ride different. Do you plan for suspension mods?

10. Mar 18, 2017 at 7:04 AM
    Spare Parts

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    So it reads as you have made the decision, enjoy the limited.

11. Mar 18, 2017 at 8:40 AM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
  12. Mar 18, 2017 at 8:50 AM
    mattgecko

mattgecko The LED Lighting Guy. MattGeckoLEDs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    South San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB O.R. 4wd TRD Super Charged
    Welcome and good luck on your future purchase!

13. Mar 21, 2017 at 4:28 AM
    Canadianguy91

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited
    Can you off road in the limited? Like is there much difference in the underbody compared to the TRD sport?

14. Mar 21, 2017 at 5:43 AM
    Spare Parts

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    I don't see why not, I think I read it's the same shocks as the SR5, Just wipe those feet off so you don't get that leather all muddy.

15. Mar 21, 2017 at 5:50 AM
    bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    RI to NH
    Vehicle:
    Blk Taco
    OEM: Bed Mat Roof Rack Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Door Sill Protectors KO2's Dobinson GTS Suspension TRD Beadlocks Timbren Bump Stops SPC UCA Rear SuperSpring SSO Slimline Winch Bumper SmittyBilt x20 Mobtown Sliders Mobtown Front Skid Avid Basket Bed Rack DECKED Draw Organizer Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Relentless Fab Bed Corner Tie Downs CBI Ditch Light Brackets ARB Dual Compressor Instant Air Tank Smittybilt RTT Road Shower II Indel-B Fridge/Freezer w/ Slide Ironman 4x4 Insulated Fridge Case Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT Yo_Hec - Center Console Molle Little Johnny III CB Radio KB Voodoo Flashlight Kit Switch Pro 8100 BlueSea Fuse Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel Mount Gecko - LED Bed Lights Gecko - LED Hood Lights Raptor Grill Lights Cali Raised - Bed Flag Pole Holder Center Console Tray & Organizer Weather Tech Floor Mats Weather Tech Hood Deflector TRAILER BUILD HAPPENING! Plate: Negan
    I do not have an opinion on this topic!

Gl

16. Mar 21, 2017 at 6:31 AM
    Over da Hill

Over da Hill "Roads...where we're going we don't need roads"

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    15 Black Taco 4WD DC SB SC
    Supercharger, Icon stage 3 suspension, Pelfreybilt Armor, All-Pro Sliders & Leaf Pack, 17 inch Black Rhino Sidewinder wheels, 33 inch Toyo tires, Rigid Lighting, SPod,
  17. Mar 21, 2017 at 6:35 AM
    get_nick

get_nick Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blazing Blue Limited
    How much is your offer on the Limited? I have a blue 2016 I'd be willing to sell you at a great price.

18. Mar 21, 2017 at 7:52 AM
    Canadianguy91

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited
    It's $40500. Thing is after tax and the interest the price really goes up.
    I see your in Seattle tho. I'm in Ontario

19. Mar 21, 2017 at 8:03 AM
    spiralout462

spiralout462 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Shore VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4x4 dclb
    Icon suspension '15 toyota nav TRD FJ SE anthracite wheels Weathertechs Trd pro pieces
    Get a 2nd gen........

:crapstorm::kona:

Jonny22r likes this.
  20. Mar 21, 2017 at 10:51 AM
    get_nick

get_nick Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blazing Blue Limited
    If that's $40,500 CAD, that's a pretty sweet deal. I have mine listed for $36,500 USD, which is about $48,700 USD.

Products Discussed in

To Top