1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pulling the trigger this week. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SeNate, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Apr 8, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    SeNate

SeNate [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 TRD 4x4 6spd
    Satoshi Grill (HomerTaco), Ambiguous' headlights, refinished my frame with POR-15 after half a week of prep and rust removal
    After posting up pictures and asking questions. It is speculated that I have a 3" lift, and it is clearly a spacer. My rear is AAL and the truck sits pretty level. Right now I have 33" tires and I need to maintain the current lift, though going to 4" would be perfect (yet I have no idea how this would be accomplished)

Here is what I have so far:

FRONT

Billstein 5100 fronts with OME 885 (I understand it is 885x now? due to original models sagging?)

LR UCA's (I currently have alignment problems from the setup this guy has when he sold it to me)

REAR

Billstein 5165 w/ rem res

NEW leafpack (I need some advice here on best brand to go with)

Use of truck:

• towing occasionally, not very heavy, mostly quads/dirtbikes
    • I put dirtbikes in the back, usually 2 of them
    • light to moderate offroad - nothing high speed and I'm not rock crawling. 3" lift and 33" tires will probably mean rubbing though.I have already performed dremel surgery where the rubbing occured and it isn't even noticeable unless you look for it.

I read that OME 885 is taller than Eibach's by something like 10mm, so I went with OME. If the lift is 3" max, and the coils "sag" eventually, that would be a bad thing.

Products Discussed in

To Top