1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Punch list for lift kit install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Woodstocktaco, May 19, 2011.

1. May 19, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    Woodstocktaco

Woodstocktaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Woodstock, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 ORDC 4X4
    3" OME lift, 885 coils, Dakar rears, diff drop
    I'm having a local shop install my ToyTec/OME complete kit including Dakar rears on Monday. I've printed out all the instructions to give to the installer along with the parts. Just wondering if you guys that have been this route can give me some tips on things to check when I pick it up to make sure everything is done right. Planning on asking them to align it once the kit is installed so I dont have to fool with that later.
    Aside from the obvious test drive, making sure there are no "leftover" parts & listening for clunks & other new noises during the test drive - are there any specific things I should check before I drive it home from the shop - just to be sure?
    Not too long ago I would have tackled this myself - but since I had back surgery, spending several hours under a car for a project like this usually costs me a week or two of pain afterward. For $300 for the install, I'd rather let them do it and go fishing all day while they work.
    Any advise would be appreciated.:)

2. May 19, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Products Discussed in

To Top